66 Chrysler 300 440 TNT first restauration

You're doing well.

Yes, the correct master cylinder will be for a front disc/rear drum system.

There will be other safety related things you may wish to do that we can help you with.

The first one is an electrical safety upgrade, and it is to bypass how the electrical gets from the battery to your ampere gauge on the dash and back out to the dash. The conndctors arrangement is a poor design that does not age well, and poses a fire risk.

You can also improve your headlight system both for its electrical safety and the performance of the system with relays and as part of the bypass noted above.

You need to have a mechanic check the rubber steering column coupler - it can degrade and need replacing, or it can fail. Parts are available.

We can help.
you think this one will work ? More Information for CENTRIC 13063047

I can't believe I missed the fact you have disc brakes. . . When I looked at your under-hood photo, I noticed the disc brake dual diaphragm booster, but ignored it since you started the discussion saying you wanted to convert to disc brakes. Sorry for the confusion on my part.
you thinks this one will work ? More Information for CENTRIC 13063047

Inspect your vinyl top EVERYWHERE for any signs of corrosion underneath it. Diligently inspect for corrosion around the front and back glass.
Your pictures show a hint of corrosion under some of your trim work. Under the rockers will become a problem also.
The reason I ask these questions is that the answers may play a big part in your options as to what the repaint or restoration of the current paint that's on the car car will be.
If the top doesn't need to come off, and the trim removal turns up no corrosion, then the car is a good candidate for a same color repaint, a paint restoration without color blending, or paint blend restoration.
In my opinion that car with that option package is as good as you could hope to get in a Chrysler C body car, except the absence of factory air. And the car is certainly worthy of a new paint job. I think it would be stunning in the factory colors. Black vinyl over pristine yellow paint is way cool, always has been.
To repair the existing paint will cost $$$$$$$$.
To paint it the same color will cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
The change to black will cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Last edited:
Inspect your vinyl top EVERYWHERE for any signs of corrosion underneath it. Diligently inspect for corrosion around the front and back glass.
Your pictures show a hint of corrosion under some of your trim work. Under the rockers will become a problem also.
The reason I ask these questions is that the answers may play a big part in your options as to what the repaint or restoration of the current paint that's on the car car will be.
If the top doesn't need to come off, and the trim removal turns up no corrosion, then the car is a good candidate for a same color repaint, a paint restoration without color blending, or paint blend restoration.
In my opinion that car with that option package is as good as you could hope to get in a Chrysler C body car, except the absence of factory air. And the car is certainly worthy of a new paint job. I think it would be stunning in the factory colors. Black vinyl over pristine yellow paint is way cool, always has been.
To repair the existing paint will cost $$$$$$$$.
To paint it the same color will cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
The change to black will cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
I totally get where you are coming from but at the end of the day I didn’t purchase this car to make money reselling it’s really for me to enjoy driving it and that yellow and black top is really not for me I am sure you understand

I totally get where you are coming from but at the end of the day I didn’t purchase this car to make money reselling it’s really for me to enjoy driving it and that yellow and black top is really not for me I am sure you understand
I totally do understand. I had a triple black 66 Fury Sport 111 something or another with the 440.

do you guys think i should redo all the brake line (cooper and flex) they're 58 years old , i am going to put a new master white two lines i am thinking might as well no ?

Back