'69 Fury III Convertible Build Thread- Project IVY

"I'm gonna try and get the bar from a '68 Fury 318 car, It'll be free and do for now."

Learned from experience that two steps up on the torsion bars does wonders for the handling of a car, and I believe the same will apply to the front sway bar as well. So if you can find yourself a bar from a 383 or 440 car, I highly recommend swapping that in. You will be pleasantly impressed at the results.

My plan is to run the 318 bar from the '68 till I can afford to pick up a PST 1" Diameter front bar.

Anyway, talk is cheap. Took me about 30 minutes to plop the new 318 and it's 727 in.

Sadly I think I'm getting good at it :sFun_doh2:

GEDC0366.jpgGEDC0337.jpgGEDC0347.jpgGEDC0348.jpgGEDC0349.jpgGEDC0357.jpgGEDC0358.jpgGEDC0360.jpgGEDC0364.jpg

GEDC0366.jpg

GEDC0337.jpg

GEDC0347.jpg

GEDC0348.jpg

GEDC0349.jpg

GEDC0357.jpg

GEDC0358.jpg

GEDC0360.jpg

GEDC0364.jpg

Well would you look at that, nice work Nick!

I do love the turquoise engine, but I thought all engines after 68 were orange? Which, BTW is a stupid and ugly color for an engine. Or is it just B/RB & Hemis? I know you're not going all original I was just wondering...

I do love the turquoise engine, but I thought all engines after 68 were orange? Which, BTW is a stupid and ugly color for an engine. Or is it just B/RB & Hemis? I know you're not going all original I was just wondering...

A 69 318 would have been Red.

2009-11-21_34.jpg

Alan

In this case, I'll stick up for him.
Good work, lad....

I agree, the blue looks good.

I don't think the comments were intended to say he was wrong (at least not mine) I was just commenting on what a 69 318 should have been.

Alan

Oh no regardless of what color they painted the engine at the factory, I say it shoulda been turquoise. when I finally get mine that will be job number 1, is paint the engine turquoise... didn't they (Ma Mopar) call it hemi orange? I call it blegh. I hated it on chevies, too. Hell, that's fords only redeeming quality is a reasonable colored engine lol

Oh no regardless of what color they painted the engine at the factory, I say it shoulda been turquoise. when I finally get mine that will be job number 1, is paint the engine turquoise... didn't they (Ma Mopar) call it hemi orange? I call it blegh. I hated it on chevies, too. Hell, that's fords only redeeming quality is a reasonable colored engine lol

There was RED, Hemi Orange and Street Hemi Orange (somewhere in between them).

Alan

Ok, I never could tell the difference, but my wife claims I'm colorblind so that might be it

there was a discussion about engine colors on here at some point. turquoise would be correct for a late build 69 small block. i've had two of them myself. i don't think we could pin down a date, but i believe it was spring of 69 for the change over.

My plan is to run the 318 bar from the '68 till I can afford to pick up a PST 1" Diameter front bar.

Anyway, talk is cheap. Took me about 30 minutes to plop the new 318 and it's 727 in.

Sadly I think I'm getting good at it :sFun_doh2:

View attachment 38531View attachment 38532View attachment 38533View attachment 38534View attachment 38535View attachment 38536View attachment 38537View attachment 38538View attachment 38539

Paint job turned out great. Glad to see all the taped off gasketed/sealing surfaces. You might want to kiss the inlet on the water pump with some sandpaper to help it seal when you hook up the lower rad hose.

there was a discussion about engine colors on here at some point. turquoise would be correct for a late build 69 small block. i've had two of them myself. i don't think we could pin down a date, but i believe it was spring of 69 for the change over.
My parts car had its original C body Windsor plant 1969 318, it was blue/turquoise, and was always blue/turquoise, it was a mid (ish) year car. My car had blue engines longer then it ever had a red engine, so I've always stood behind the blue.

As I always say "Don't like it.............good, because it's MY car"

The Engine on my 69 Fury III Convertible is Red. However, 69FuryIIIConvertible has done a nice job on the engine paint and Turquoise was available in 1969. Seems to me that I read somewhere that 318's built in Canada were painted in Turquoise, but I could be wrong on that. My 69 will be undergoing a body off restoration. I will be modifying the 318 and upgrading the internals of the transmission and rear end, but the engine will remain red.

This is what I found searching the Web on Mopar Engine Colors for 1969.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1969[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]225 Six[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]All[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Red[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Mopar Paint P4349218[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1969[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]273 V8 - LA[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]All[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Red[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Mopar Paint P4349218[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1969[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]318 V8 - LA[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]All[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Red[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Mopar Paint P4349218[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1969[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]318 V8 - LA - Police only[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Police engine[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]H-Orange[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Mopar Paint P4349216[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1969[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]340 V8 - LA - See Note below[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]All[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Red[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Mopar Paint P4349218[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1969[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]383 V8[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]All[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Turquoise[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Mopar Paint P4120752[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1969[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]383 V8 High Perf/Police[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]High Perf[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]H-Orange[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Mopar Paint P4349216[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1969[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]426 HEMI[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Street Engine[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]H-Orange[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Mopar Paint P4349216[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1969[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]440 V8[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]All[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Turquoise[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Mopar Paint P4120752[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1969[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]440 V8 High Perf/Police[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]High Perf[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]H-Orange[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Mopar Paint P4349216[/FONT]

Ironically, last night it was warmer in Whitby than it was down here in the `banana belt'. So, it's all relative.

Back