Bendpak scissor lift anyone use or own?

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I really want a lift, the problem I really don't have the room, so it needs to be portable. I have a cousin who may be selling this lift and it seems perfect for what I want and need. It is a 6,000lb lift, would have him measure the arms for frame placement, but it seems perfect for me.

Anyone use or own one. Here is a link http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bpi-5175730

Bendpack.jpg

Bendpack.jpg

I just got the bendpak 5000 lb lift. It lifts about 20 inches. Great! I should have had one years ago. Its smaller but 2 pieces and easier to move around. That 6000 looks like a heavy mutha!

I've used a similar one before & it worked fine. I saw a really cool installation of one, somewhere, in a small garage. The guy cut the floor out and recessed it, so that it was completely flush with the floor when lowered. It was really neat.

I've never used one but it seems like it would really be in the way.

I have thought about that it would take up about 6 1/2 feet in the middle of the car, but there is still 6 feet from the front and 6 to the back of the car which would have nothing under it. That would be the areas which I need the access to the most.

It is a good point and I would do a mock up under the car and see how much room it would take up.

I really want a lift, the problem I really don't have the room, so it needs to be portable. I have a cousin who may be selling this lift and it seems perfect for what I want and need. It is a 6,000lb lift, would have him measure the arms for frame placement, but it seems perfect for me.

I like it and have been looking for a used one to pop up someday. It will work if you park over top of it and don't move it too much... they suck to move. The ones I have had a chance to get a good look at were Snap-On or Rotary... good for home owners, brake and body work...cant do any driveline work though.

Anyone use or own one. Here is a link http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bpi-5175730

View attachment 67129

View attachment 67129
I have a buddy who purchased the same unit from Northern Tool last year, and he loves it. He has a small restoration shop and he primarily uses his to lift cars high enough to make body work and buffing easier. Says it was money well spent.

I'm 90% there. I am gong to make some measurements this weekend and see where the lift would lay out on my 300. If the base of the lift is general out of the way of the gas tank and shocks, this will be the one.

I've never used one but it seems like it would really be in the way.
Since it has such a low profile, clearance is not an issue you could just leave it in place and park on top of it. That is what my buddy does with his.

Don't know what your cousin wants for his but here is one that is a couple of hundred miles from you. It is a 60" lift height
Bendpak LR 60 Lo Rise Lift
That is the actually similar to my cousins lift, it doesn't go 60" I think the 60 refers to 6000 capacity, it is more like 28 of lift". Thanks for noticing. I changed my mind on his lift. The one pictured turned out not to be his lift after all. His rises even less.

Last edited:
I am happy with the assessment, after making the measurements. The arms will easily reach the lift points on the stub frame. The picture Stan posted of the lift measurement show a 60 1/4 box near the car, so very little would be obstructing the primary areas under the car. It would line up just behind the transmission pan in front (so the pan can be removed on the lift), and right at the front of the leaf springs in the rear, so everything is assessable in the rear.

Well it was meant to be, I placed an order for the sissor lift in January. It was on back order for ever. I started having second thoughts on my decision. I decided to cancel the order, it still had not been shipped so it was not that big of deal.

I ordered the lift I've been looking at forever 9 ton 2 post, low clearance. I got all the grunt work done today set the two post ran the hydraulic lines and cables. Hope to finish the electric and the rest of the assembly tomorrow.

IMG_20160324_165703600_HDR.jpg

Back