Bendpak scissor lift anyone use or own?

It was honestly a space issue, then I realized the scissor lift would be in the way too.

It was honestly a space issue, then I realized the scissor lift would be in the way too.
You thought you had a "space issue". Right....... :rolleyes:

picsart_03-23-10-58-26-jpg.74208

You have me bea Stan. That is what I can maximizing every inch.

Yet my wife needs every square inch of the entire two-car side of the garage to park her Mazda... :BangHead:
Cost of doing business... at least the classics are beyond harm there. Mine was upset initially... she had the delusion that she might someday get an indoor spot. One Imperial or Two Imperials, I explained that was never going to happen. She still needs to buff the Toyota paint off my Suburban from the last time she used their Sequoia. Fortunately all four corners of that thing were scraped up so they didn't notice.

You guys with lifts at home are right at the top of my "you suck" list:(

The vo-tech where my son took auto shop has three of these lifts, plus four two-post lifts, a four-post alignment rack/lift, and another four-post lift. Like anything else, you just need to take the proper precautions under these. The short racks are great for brake work, axle and suspension work, plus I have seen one used for putting an engine and trans with K-frame under a '68 Coronet. Pretty cool pieces of equipment, especially if you do not have a lot of room.

The vo-tech where my son took auto shop has three of these lifts, plus four two-post lifts, a four-post alignment rack/lift, and another four-post lift. Like anything else, you just need to take the proper precautions under these. The short racks are great for brake work, axle and suspension work, plus I have seen one used for putting an engine and trans with K-frame under a '68 Coronet. Pretty cool pieces of equipment, especially if you do not have a lot of room.
And the next time I see one for sale reasonable... which isnt often, I will have to park a Twin on 2x10 runners so I can store it. Maybe someday I will get that backyard garage... but the little scissor lifts arent quite as nice as having the 2 post... I just dont have the width or the height in my garage to use anything else.

Back in my service manager days, I can't tell you how many times I made a mechanic re rack a car. Amazingly these guys would be working on the car with it sitting on three of the four posts. I never had a car drop, unlike a few others.

Back in my service manager days, I can't tell you how many times I made a mechanic re rack a car. Amazingly these guys would be working on the car with it sitting on three of the four posts. I never had a car drop, unlike a few others.
Funny... In my "grunt" days I was assigned the lift nobody wanted. A very nice Gilbarco twin post in ground lift... It had a car fall by some former tech, who was fired long before I was around. Car wound up in between the posts on its doors and they had to drag it out with the wrecker. One of the cylinders was tweaked, when you were going up you could watch the pads going out, out, out and then back in. It taught me to set the pads deep under everything... if it shakes off, the lift arm will still be there to catch it.

Now when I deal with the youngsters or am going to do something really violent to the car... I shake them so hard they are bouncing on the pads. I tell everyone, they can fall 6 inches and be ok... If they fall 6 feet you won't be.

The pad was broken on this lift. The weight of the lift gate didn't help.

My son had just walked by (he was a salesman) and his back was turned when it crashed down.

I ordered the lift I've been looking at forever 9 ton 2 post, low clearance. I got all the grunt work done today set the two post ran the hydraulic lines and cables. Hope to finish the electric and the rest of the assembly tomorrow.

Nice looking lift. I'm curious, did you know the thickness of your concrete slab beforehand, or did you drill a test hole to determine thickness before ordering the lift?

I've been going back and forth in my head (and poring over internet sites) for months between a scissor lift (and the various iterations (low/mid/high rise)) or 2-post. I finally decided on a 2-post a couple weeks ago, so now I just need to wait until the funds build up. For the price and lifting power, the 2-post lifts are hard to beat.

Nice looking lift. I'm curious, did you know the thickness of your concrete slab beforehand, or did you drill a test hole to determine thickness before ordering the lift?.

Yes and they wanted it reinforced by rebar, or fiberglass too. I drilled a test hole about where the middle of the post would be. I had a solid 5 nches, they want at least 4.

My body is beat from drilling 12 , 3/4 inches. Broke one bit after 6 holes.

Thanks. Yeah, I'd read that 4" is the minimum necessary for a 2-post. I haven't had the courage to drill a test hole yet....

Thanks. Yeah, I'd read that 4" is the minimum necessary for a 2-post. I haven't had the courage to drill a test hole yet....
No. 6" is min. for under the posts.
The end of the wedge anchors will poke through if it's only 4".
And 3" wedge anchors won't do the job safely.

My manuel said 4 inches minimum. The base of the post is a good 3/4 to an inch thich. I used the wedge anchors supplied with the lift. I guess they were about 5 inches so about 4 iches in the concrete.

Last edited:
Back