Bendpak scissor lift anyone use or own?

I can't afford a good "lift man" and I know how to use a level and washers...

They usually use a duct lift to raise it up for the shims... the ones we have are on plastic shims, not washers. A plumb bob may be better than a level, but I haven't done it myself... apparently there are liabilities the front end doesn't want to take on.

I do have a duct lift available, should you decide its necessary... mine is a really ugly version of this. I am going to be trying to trade it off to my friend who does HVAC... because I'm done with it, and its too big to store.
duct-lift.jpg

Congrats Mike, I'm jealous, you suck, etc..
Derrick's thread on his 4 post install had him cutting holes and pouring pads iirc..

First off, sorry to be rude to the OP for derailing. Congrads on the new lift.I bet it's a wayyyy better lift to have than the scissors lift. Just think how easy it's going to be to detail stuff underneath your car now...nice!

The locking devices are mostly going to be about when you're not there...

Really? I just assumed one would only always set it on the locks.

I took some time and read everything on the site. That thing is a brute. Makes me afraid to even use mine now...

Which lift are you referring to?

Cool, thank you for taking time to look.
It took quite a few hours and some flip flopping on brands before settling.

The Weaver lift is,unfortunately, Chinese, made by the Peak Lift Corp. For a millisecond, I thought about buying through Alibaba, a Chinese export site.
The price direct from China is $900 to the Port of Tampa. The dialogue trying to buy it was really tough. Trying to warranty parts would probably be a nightmare. The extra $1000 is the difference between actually have a working lift, and having $900 worth of parts.

have 3 lifts. 9k bend pak floor plate, 9k eagle equipment clear floor, both purchased new in the late 90's. 12k rotary drive on purchased as a repo in '03 $2600 installed. less than 10g in all of it. cheap money. never a problem with any of them. for anybody who's going to have cars, a lift is the best tool investment they can make.

It is officially installed. I did a dry run no leaks ran perfectly. I will put a car on it later and get it adjusted.

BTY it mentioned in the manual to measure the distance pole to pole at the base and at the top to assure they are straight to one another
IMG_20160325_164624175_HDR.jpg
. They are exactly the same measurement down to a 1/16 of an inch.

Very nice mine gets like 1/8" wider at top on the stamped lift unloaded which I figure pulls in near top because no crossbar. Congrats

have 3 lifts. 9k bend pak floor plate, 9k eagle equipment clear floor, both purchased new in the late 90's. 12k rotary drive on purchased as a repo in '03 $2600 installed. less than 10g in all of it. cheap money. never a problem with any of them. for anybody who's going to have cars, a lift is the best tool investment they can make.

First of all... that really puts you to the top of the "you suck" list for those of us without... nice set up.
It is officially installed. I did a dry run no leaks ran perfectly. I will put a car on it later and get it adjusted.

BTY it mentioned in the manual to measure the distance pole to pole at the base and at the top to assure they are straight to one anotherView attachment 74395 . They are exactly the same measurement down to a 1/16 of an inch.
Your well on your way to catching up...
Congrats on the new toy... life will never be the same. I put every car I worked on up to a comfortable height, and had a good back until I started getting rear ended... despite the fact I spent lots of my career lifting too much weight. You are going to love that lift.

Really? I just assumed one would only always set it on the locks.

When your 6'4" and the lift goes 6' even... you slouch and run the damn thing as far as it will go... and still get a sore neck sometimes. Old school, every tech I new who could turn flat rate had the locks disabled... the old in ground stuff we would rack and throw the air valve on and catch it before it banged the top... might have 2 tires off by then if you're quick... down same thing... you dont even watch it sometimes.

The locks should set automatically coming down on anything recent... some of the old stuff only ever locked at the top anyhow.

Back