Guilty Pleasures

"DOTS" .. that's what we called them as kids. i'd look "undignified" if I tried today, BUT .. i would still dig 'em :) good one.
Yup, "dots"! We had this candy shop called Crands Candy Castle out in Wardhouse Point, CONN which was in a huge brick colonial house.. dots were a mainstay... I also think they had massive influence on my drug experimentation in my teen years.. but uh, not in a bad way.

"DOTS" .. that's what we called them as kids. i'd look "undignified" if I tried today, BUT .. i would still dig 'em :) good one.

oh, i see today they are "candy buttons" .. that's a new one on me.

the "real" Dots were these I guess .. were never on the candy list at my house. no diss intended .. just never got into them.

If we wanted "gumdrops", they were scooped outta a jar by Old Man Jenkins from 1966-1971 :)
www-hdwallpapersinn-com.jpg

The ones made in the 50's and 60's.

00-1-1.jpg

Warning .. if you are of a certain age, playing this video might give you an earworm. :) (owner wont let play here .. so ya gotta go to youtube to see it after you click the play button :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
oh, i see today they are "candy buttons" .. that's a new one on me.

the "real" Dots were these I guess .. were never on the candy list at my house. no diss intended .. just never got into them.

If we wanted "gumdrops", they were scooped outta a jar by Old Man Jenkins from 1966-1971 :)
www-hdwallpapersinn-com.jpg
Oh man! those "dots" were tooth pullers!

I don't know how either but somehow after all the crap I ate as a kid, then the 12 years of no insurance musician lifestyle I still have all my teeth and have never had a cavity. Phew.

once a month -- can't break the habit. 400 calories each, so I only eat half and then pitch the rest. :)

00-1-2.jpg

Back