Guilty Pleasures

My contribution guyz and sorry no pix on this one, just great memories and sorry, more then 20 wordz. Having reached adulthood in the early '50z on the left coast and having an affinity for motorized 2 wheel crotch rocketz. I found a Burrito Stand that had bar stools anchored to the sidewalk and happily waz rite next door to the Triumph dealership in East L.A. Two of those Buritoz with either red or green chili and you needed ah quart of milk to put the fire out and I found reasonz to take my Bike to that shop and wait for an oil change. Into and thru the '70s if I got hung in SoCal for 24 or more, I'd pin lock the wagon and bounce into Montebello and partake those succulent hot mealz in the toco patty. The Bike shop iz long gone but the Burrito stand iz still thriving to this day My Kid Brother informs me. Gonna havta go visit Brother John soon 'cuz I'm now Jonesin', Jer

Movie and Song .. sorry, song's a foot tapper and movie is just silly enough to be entertaining (and I like Will Farrell -- generally) :)

Not because its bad for me ... but because I am such a PIG when its around. Its embarrassingly good, or is it just me?

00-1-2.jpg

Last edited:
This pissed me off TO the degree I would feel guilty IF i didn't share my profound disgust at this excess with others. :)

You gotta be :mad: kiddin' me.

00-1-1.jpg
00-1-2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm almost 59 years old and hanging out in the bars playing music. Same thing I did at 18. Free beer, money at the end of the night, watching drunken 20 somethings flash the band and dress provocatively on Halloween. Women of all ages still like to flirt with musicians. Even the AARP crowd.

Why do I feel guilty? I went to my 40th HS reunion and heard all about grand kids, and even great grand kids. ( I never had kids. Well, maybe. I left out some of the details of the early years above) I heard about ailments, hip replacements, cancer, spouses dying, life regrets and more. They got "old". I feel guilty cause I never really grew up and became a responsible adult. I still do what I love to do. That and the free beer. I feel a little guilty about that. But very little.

(Me on the right rockin the P-Bass)

Huffy's_900.jpg

that's your life .. and that's how it went (is going). live the heck out of it is what I say. rock on brother! :) thx

I'm almost 59 years old and hanging out in the bars playing music. Same thing I did at 18. Free beer, money at the end of the night, watching drunken 20 somethings flash the band and dress provocatively on Halloween. Women of all ages still like to flirt with musicians. Even the AARP crowd.

Why do I feel guilty? I went to my 40th HS reunion and heard all about grand kids, and even great grand kids. ( I never had kids. Well, maybe. I left out some of the details of the early years above) I heard about ailments, hip replacements, cancer, spouses dying, life regrets and more. They got "old". I feel guilty cause I never really grew up and became a responsible adult. I still do what I love to do. That and the free beer. I feel a little guilty about that. But very little.

(Me on the right rockin the P-Bass)

View attachment 120827
No shame in that, man. Played my first show at 13 years old and kept going. In a bit of a lull right now with all the projects but I don't see myself ever stopping.

Optical illusions. Cant get enough. So, how many black dots do you see? Answer below the photo.

00-1-2-9.jpg

There are 12 black dots. Your brain is "compensating" for what are limitations in our peripheral vision. You CANT see these dots, even though they are there, UNTIL you look directly at them. :)

Optical illusions. Cant get enough. So, how many black dots do you see? Answer below the photo.

View attachment 123221

There are 12 black dots. Your brain is "compensating" for what are limitations in our peripheral vision. You CANT see these dots, even though they are there, UNTIL you look directly at them. :)

I see 12 but am getting queasy/headach looking so I'm not looking anymore.

I see 12 but am getting queasy/headach looking so I'm not looking anymore.

if you see 12 at once, that would be an amazing degree of peripheral vision.

I only see 2 at once ..move my eyes around those two disappear and two different ones show up. only way to get to 12 .. and the headache :)

A mere shadow today of the ones I grew up on .. but couple times a year I hop in Mr. Peabody's Way Back machine and buy a box.

00-1-1.jpg

Back