I love this one!

• Love

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Hate

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Item of consideration...

1723288093354.png

One car that went through my wrecking yard 35 years ago was a red '67 Fury 1 2dr sedan 225, 3 speed on the column, bench seat, rubber mats, clear glass all the way around, radio delete, manual steering, manual drum brakes, non-A/C, manual windows, and dog dish hub caps. Really couldn't have been less optioned. Made good money parting that car though. Just the steering box and pedal assembly quadrupled what I paid for the whole car! It ran good and had lots of straight rust-free sheet metal.

Did it come from Canada recently, or was it made there? The KPH speedo was not mandatory in Canada until much later, which would imply that this car was intended for the export.
Yeah, we (Canada) didn't have km/h anywhere on speedos that early, let alone as the dominant reading. This car was definitely meant for export.

Yeahhh...i did this more or less with the 440 New Yorker...a man shouldn't push his luck to far ;)

I didn't asked the seller if i'am allowed to post it.
W1 E2L L1 129 (seq.#)
E25 D12 PE45 B9R (car #)

And that's it. :D

The first three digits of the (seq # AKA the VON) will tell us if this car was destined for export or not. My gut feel is it was built for sale in the US and the speedometer was changed. I don't think the Windsor Plant built a lot of cars for export.

You can post the numbers here or send me the series via private message. Let's find out and put that issue to rest.

Last edited:
Back