Mopars at big daddys

LOL funny side note about the new Mopar guys.
There is a Facebook group called "Central Florida Mopars".
I'm like, cool, I'll join that. After a couple days I'm still not a member, so I message an administrator. He says the reason I am not approved is that my Fury isn't a Mopar. I message him back, yes, it is a 65 Plymouth. He messages back that they are for the performance lines, note their group picture. These are the guys dominating the FMA.View attachment 146307
facepalm+cat.jpg

No dog in this fight, but I got curious....

Uploaded to facebook on Sept 27th.

22089208_1688055887884817_393761201238884267_n.jpg

and pic at the top of their Facebook page.

578079_410027195687699_767146499_n.jpg

Don seemed to be getting upset with folks overstepping his boundry's at the museum site. People going around his home.
He's also getting up there in age and perhaps decided to curtail the activities. He is still a featured guest at this years meet at the horse park.
The FMA seems to be organizationally challenged, so who knows what will happen. I plan to attend the show at the horse park as scheduled and "if time allows" may attend both.

Looks like the "Twilight Crusers" is a Fiat club.
The swap meet will be full of metric stuff.
Probably... I'm wondering what will really happen... I may just scoot over to find out. Don's been advertising the museum grounds event for several months, but today when I looked was the first time they stopped promoting the horse park, and the FMA stopped promoting Don's involvement.

Stan's close enough to the truth, there's drama that will likely affect both shows negatively.
We'll just start Cocktail Hour earlier than planned, then.
I'm planning on camping and not having to worry about driving... somewhere there is a six pack in danger of more than my usual punishment of becoming a 5 pack

I just went to the Twilight Cruisers web site and that looks like a mixed make club.

Now it makes some sense.... Garlits is doing a mixed show and the Florida Mopar club is doing a Mopar show.

Home Page

I just went to the Twilight Cruisers web site and that looks like a mixed make club.

Now it makes some sense.... Garlits is doing a mixed show and the Florida Mopar club is doing a Mopar show.

Home Page
I read it. I got as far as the Corvette and I knew I did not want to associate with anybody in their events.

Home Page
The earlier verbiage made me think this was to be a smaller more intimate event... I guess they pulled out the stops recently...
I read it. I got as far as the Corvette and I knew I did not want to associate with anybody in their events.
IDK if I like the idea of a kmart parking lot... but they have promise...
fd4bce727f46d23df12f38d70d1b2d6e.jpg
d8aab2bdb086a3fc01262ff182e9c7ff.jpg
12b8f6b18faa7309586d6e89eea66592.jpg
efdb364563734b6b3ed156a145020af2.jpg
4948894eb7f3d036c913e03923f68e6a.jpg

On second thought... kmart was a brilliant idea... where else could you find a parking lot that empty? Sears? Oops, same thing....:lol:

I remember meeting Big Daddy at Union Grove (Da Grove) Dragway when he was a young man in the late 1960's. LOL!

He was hiding up here in western PA when Irma was having her way with Florida.
He was here at our big nostalgia reunion race.
Got him to sign my son's old swamp rat pinewood derby car,

Don is so good with his fans. He is just sweet as could be.
I bought a ring and pinion from one of his dragsters and he signed it and let us take a picture together.
That's really awesome your boy has a Swamp Rat derby car signed by him. That will be a forever treasure.

really awesome your boy has a Swamp Rat derby car signed by him. That will be a forever treasure
He would have gotten it.signed himself but he was.playing hockey and I was not sure if Don was going to be there.
He was signing stuff all day. I got there at 10:30 am and he did not stop signing stuff till the cackle fest and fireworks at dark.

Don is a great guy and really appreciates his fans. I'm not sure who signs more autographs, Him or Richard Petty.

Jezebelle won an award at the 2014 event. Normally I would let Ellie accept the award but she knew this would be special to me and took this picture.

Award preerntation 1.JPG
award with dons autograph.jpg

Back