Mopars at big daddys

[QUOTE="cantflip,IDK if I like the idea of a kmart parking lot...QUOTE]

12b8f6b18faa7309586d6e89eea66592-jpg.jpg

Personally I avoid any type of show held south of the Tenn/Bama line that's held on a blacktop parking lot. Ground temp around 120 degrees, no shade. :wtf:

[QUOTE="65Fury440,
Jeff and Will have reservations at the new spot so I'm thinking that's where we will be meeting at?[/QUOTE]

That will be fine in the evening. During the day the show field might be the place to meet.
If there is no C body class then someone will need to arrive early Saturday to coordinate the C bodys as they arrive. I took this on last year and got 15 of the 20 or so C bodys at the show in one place irregardless of assigned class.. (Don't worry about the class gate guard, just make something up about last minute changes, They are low ranking club members to have that job and will back down).
I won't be bringing a C body and am planning on vending in the swap area during the day.

I avoid those shows in open parking lots. They tend to attract the un-informed. You know, the people that think nothing of riding ther bikes, pushing strollers, walking the dog etc between the cars. Finger prints don't bother me but scratches from these idiots tend to annoy me.

I just learned that the Mopar show at Don Garlits place has changed dates AND location for 2017.

Home - Florida Mopar Association

I'm not sure I'll be able to make the change, What do you guys who attend think about it.....?

All you Florida and other southern guys: I'm very sorry I'm unable to get down to the Florida meet again this year. Many of us would really like to be there. Therefore, we all want a COMPLETE report from those of you attending. And your opinion: Does the new venue suck, or is it OK? Is McCandless really gonna replace Big Daddy?

pbvious popcorn.gif

I'm here. First one. Ive got Connie set up in space 27.
This place is a huge dust bowl. No pavement in sight from the time you turn off the road. There's gonna be some really PO'd show car folks. Bring lots of cleaning supplies. Show field is under provilan with a dirt floor. I don't see much good coming from this show.
There is also a horse show at the same time.

This place is a huge dust bowl. No pavement in sight from the time you turn off the road. There's gonna be some really PO'd show car folks. Bring lots of cleaning supplies. Show field is under provilan with a dirt floor. I don't see much good coming from this show.
Well, that's not what I wanted to hear...

Sounds like a downgrade.

I hope Will is able to help the club members park us, otherwise we may end up parking in the Arabian section.

If this place gets too bad, we can road trip down to Lakeland and make fun of Stan's old car's owner...:lol: Same weekend:realcrazy:

If this place gets too bad, we can road trip down to Lakeland and make fun of Stan's old car's owner...:lol: Same weekend:realcrazy:

Hey! Isn't Big Daddy having his own show next weekend? Or did he already have it? Maybe the Big Daddy show is the way to go. . .

Hey! Isn't Big Daddy having his own show next weekend? Or did he already have it? Maybe the Big Daddy show is the way to go. . .
It was last weekend. I read on another forum that it wasn't well attended.

From what I read, Garlits lost a lot of their spectator parking for the show and I think there was some strained relations going back to his dog getting run over at a past show.

I hadn't given it a lot of thought until I posted this morning... Garlits is 85... It would seem to me that the show got pretty big and maybe it wasn't any fun anymore. I'll bet that he would rather have a small get together were he calls the shots and has some fun over a larger show with all the nonsense and politics. If you've ever been involved with a large car show, you know what I mean.

So... a small turnout with a few guys and some cars might be exactly what he wanted.

I hadn't given it a lot of thought until I posted this morning... Garlits is 85... It would seem to me that the show got pretty big and maybe it wasn't any fun anymore. I'll bet that he would rather have a small get together were he calls the shots and has some fun over a larger show with all the nonsense and politics. If you've ever been involved with a large car show, you know what I mean.

So... a small turnout with a few guys and some cars might be exactly what he wanted.

I hope you are right about Don's preferences. They are the same as mine. If he has a show next year (or any time, for that matter), I would most definitely plan to attend.

Last edited:
Ive been talking to folks from the host club this morning. They seem pretty optimistic about the show. Some concerns about the roads but have been promised things will be fine come show time. If your thinking about coming, come on... we'll have some. Fun. The rest is just for our entertainment.
I put another word in about a Cbody class.still no word on that.

Connie is set up on site 27. Can be used as FCBO headquarters. Shade and cold drinks from the cooler. All are welcome. I will likely spend most of my time selling, (I hope), in the swap field.
Use the two way radio at headquarters to contact me if needed.
Safe trip

Back