New Member, New Polara

IMG_9636.JPG

IMG_9643.JPG
IMG_9644.JPG

IMG_9653.JPG

Parts painted, missing tub fabricated, tub welded in.

Tub took a lot of tucking, trimming, tweaking and swearing. Not perfect, but better than what was there when i started.

Tomorrow, the floor footwell.

IMG_9661.JPG

IMG_9663.JPG

IMG_9664.JPG

Got rained out sunday and today so I couldn't finish the floor. Two days I really can't afford.

Just for the car show I'm very tempted to do the stupid thing and not swap the front frame. It's barely together, I have no idea how it's holding on. But grandpa drove it like that for years, so two more days probably won't hurt.

We'll see how much time I have left after i get the car on the ground. I'm certainly not fixing the fuel tank in time, it'll be drinking from a jerry can for sure.

I better sort out the title this week too...

IMG_9701.JPG

IMG_9698.JPG

Getting there. It's almost 300 inches of welding on that footwell. **** me.

IMG_9686.JPG

Also getting my diff back was a huge ordeal. Bodyshop guy is my friend but man is he unreliable. I was to pick it up friday but got delayed, and it turns out this week he went on an unnaounced vacation to the moon without telling anyone. Even though he told me last week that his vacation was in september. Had to track down the landlord of the building to get into the yard to pick up my stuff.

Cool.

IMG_9678.jpg

Also the parts fairy visited again.

Ow my money. Again.

9 Days before the show/hot rod run. I am making this ******* thing if it kills me.

IMG_9670.jpg

Oh yeah, got some funny stickers for it too.

That's a lotta welding!
Looks like your not working and just hobbying for the next 9 days. Hope ya make it!

IMG_9710.JPG

IMG_9715.JPG

Floor's done. Braced the rockers totally, started cutting out the very last of the floor.

I intended to finish this smooth, but frankly at this point i want the world to see the 12 hours of welding i put into this thing. 23-1/2 feet of it.

Also the posi in the rear end is incredibly good. Even with my full bodyweight against one wheel I still can't get the posi to slip at all. Must have been rebuilt at some point, no way it's 60 years old.

Tomorrow.

Last edited:
View attachment 675437

View attachment 675438

Floor's done. Braced the rockers totally, started cutting out the very last of the floor.

I intended to finish this smooth, but frankly at this point i want the world to see the 12 hours of welding i put into this thing. 23-1/2 feet of it.

Also the posi in the rear end is incredibly good. Even with my full bodyweight against one wheel I still can't get the posi to slip at all. Must have been rebuilt at some point, no way it's 60 years old.

Tomorrow.
You're disrupting my work day LOL. I see an alert to a message in this thread... and I log in to look. polara addict eh?

Looking great. I am excited to see your progress and result.

Back