New to me 1968 300 2 door hardtop

The lug nuts turn left on driver side ! ! ! ! ! ! !!! ! !1!1
That might be confusing to some.

Passenger side: Clockwise to install, Counter-clock wise to remove.
Driver side: Counter-clockwise to install, Clockwise to remove.

That might be confusing to some.

Passenger side: Clockwise to install, Counter-clock wise to remove.
Driver side: Counter-clockwise to install, Clockwise to remove.
Thanks for the info, that would have been
interesting if I had tried to take them off without first knowing that! Well
Friday is the big day!!! Waiting two weeks is killing me! I just want to bring
the car back and tinker with it…

Would these fit my car?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/pts/4902850267.html

just looking for a cheap tire and wheel combo to get it rolling safely until I figure out the route I want to go. The tires that are on it now are so bald and weather checked. Will these bolt on no problem? Thanks!
No. The wheels are too wide and there will be clearance issues.
And secondly, those wheels are also too wide for those tires and that is a dangerous issue.

Thanks!! I was contemplating finding a nice set of cheap tires and putting them on the stock wheels or buying these since they looked like a good deal.. Guess I will will break the budget and just get nice rubber right off the bat! Thanks for the wisdom! That would have been frustrating if I would have bought them and they didn't fit :head_smack:

I'd think they would be stretched a lot more at the rim. I'm wondering if the seller measured the edge of the rim not taking into account the bead. The actual size is bigger than the listed size. On a bare rim you measure bead to bead, not edge to edge. Might still be too wide a rim at 8" anyways.

Yep I know they existed/exist

just fire up trusty old Google and everything, almost, in my mind is a url copy and paste away ;)

We'll learn these young'ins Stan

minor diff though .. my open tabs bar is never that neat

Here is one open window

View attachment 46752
Geez, how does your computer stay running? I open ten tabs and thats it, Im frozen.

You can't buy 14" tires with any height anymore like these cars came out with, so I would stick to 15"x7" wheels with 225s or 235s.

If you are looking to put something larger on the rear a 15"x8" will fit with a 4.5" backspace which I think fits a 255/70/15 quite well for the rear.

I know this is a stretch… But anyone local to the Puyallup area of Washington (If any) have any wheels and tires for sale that would work? Always looking to help someone who is willing to help me.

I know this is a stretch… But anyone local to the Puyallup area of Washington (If any) have any wheels and tires for sale that would work? Always looking to help someone who is willing to help me.

I'm about 60 miles north of you (Poulsbo) but sorry, no spare wheels/tires. Maybe I'll see ya around at a local car show sometime.

One thing I'd like to mention about your wheel studs too, the left-hand threaded studs that originally came on the left side of your car may have been replaced at some point with standard RH threaded studs, so the first time you take the wheels off the left side, don't be surprised if the studs are either LH or RH threads (or both!). You just never know.

I'm about 60 miles north of you (Poulsbo) but sorry, no spare wheels/tires. Maybe I'll see ya around at a local car show sometime.

One thing I'd like to mention about your wheel studs too, the left-hand threaded studs that originally came on the left side of your car may have been replaced at some point with standard RH threaded studs, so the first time you take the wheels off the left side, don't be surprised if the studs are either LH or RH threads (or both!). You just never know.

Glad to see someone local! No worries lol not like I'm going to be driving it this weekend, just impatient lol maybe when I get it running and driving we can get together and hit up some car shows!

Only two more days until I pick it up!!!! And sorry in advance for the abundance of pictures I'm soon to post....

attachment.php

Man that looks good!

Geez, how does your computer stay running? I open ten tabs and thats it, Im frozen.

How old is your computer? Mine is less than a year old and I clean it up periodically. I use chrome primarily for my browser.

I have 12 Windows open right now and 4 have several tabs like that picture.

Back