Say, What's that Avatar?

Am I Right or. . ..jpg

Jimmy Hoffa Sr. wearing his Teamster's Chauffeur's cap.
Many years ago, Teamsters were called Chauffeurs, not truck drivers. It showed the pride and professionalism of their profession.
PicsArt_07-12-10.35.10.jpg

OR...
It's an old man with a hat that went missing.

Last edited:
Being a long time Dodge Boy the connection is obvious. Both my old rides are Dodges and one of our DD is a Dodge. Never understood why Chrysler abandoned this great symbol.

I deface any Damn-u-Liar marked piece of equipment I find at work. I am not alone in this effort.

The previous avatar was my car the day before the election, inside the CTC garage.

Jimmy Hoffa Sr. wearing his Teamster's Chauffeur's cap.
Many years ago, Teamsters were called Chauffeurs, not truck drivers. It showed the pride and professionalism of their profession.

Well how about that, you've answered a question I've had for years. Back when I got my first driver's license, after the written test and just before the road test, the examiner asked if I wanted a standard license or a Chauffeurs license. I asked what the difference was told with a Chauffeurs licence I could drive anything commercial and I think he added it cost an extra $2. So I splurged. Years later when I moved from Ontario to Alberta, my new Alberta licence was issued as class 3 instead of the normal class 5. Seems my licence covers multi-axle so all I need is an Air Certificate and I could be real dangerous!:)

In Alberta
  • Class 1 (Professional – Any vehicle)
  • Class 2 (Professional – Bus)
  • Class 3 (3-axle plus)
  • Class 4 (Professional – Taxi, Ambulance)
  • Class 5 (2-axle – Cars, Light Trucks, Motor Homes or Mopeds)
  • Class 6 (Motorcycle & Moped)

Well how about that, you've answered a question I've had for years. Back when I got my first driver's license, after the written test and just before the road test, the examiner asked if I wanted a standard license or a Chauffeurs license. I asked what the difference was told with a Chauffeurs licence I could drive anything commercial and I think he added it cost an extra $2. So I splurged. Years later when I moved from Ontario to Alberta, my new Alberta licence was issued as class 3 instead of the normal class 5. Seems my licence covers multi-axle so all I need is an Air Certificate and I could be real dangerous!:)

In Alberta
  • Class 1 (Professional – Any vehicle)
  • Class 2 (Professional – Bus)
  • Class 3 (3-axle plus)
  • Class 4 (Professional – Taxi, Ambulance)
  • Class 5 (2-axle – Cars, Light Trucks, Motor Homes or Mopeds)
  • Class 6 (Motorcycle & Moped)
When did you move here, Bill? When I had my Chauffeur's redeemed here in late 79 all they gave me was a class 5. Oh well, I do have the air endorsement though.

I mainly have two interests that have dominated pretty much my entire life,

1. Mopars - fairly self explanatory to you guys.
&
2. Missiles - I test 'em, assemble 'em, and then launch 'em for the US Navy. (BTW, this pays for main interest #1)

vandal4.jpg
mqm8-02.jpg
vandal 1 Desktop.jpg
3rd Launch 5-10-01.JPG

Back