Say, What's that Avatar?

amazinblue82

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
What's your avatar? Comments about them are sprinkled through lots of threads but I didnt find ONE thread on just our avatars (if its there, I'll ask Tallhair to kill this thread).

They are so small its hard to tell what they sometimes. Others are easy and obvious what they are. Many are beggin' for a story to be told -- if you decide to :)

I know people change them up from time to time (i have used three in three years, but kept the one i have now for 2 1/2 of those years). I plan to keep mine as is.

So is there anything to tell about your avatar? Why that photo/image in particular? Do you have a bigger version of it or related photos/images? This is intended to be fun so we'll see if it goes anywhere -- and still remains fun.

I'll start.

00-1-0.jpg

This is the St. Louis Gateway Arch, standing directly beneath it, one brutally muggy morning (8am, 86 degrees, dew point 76, RH in the 90's) in July 2011.

I picked it because if the "shiny stainless steel" look of the arch against the beautiful "amazinblue" sky. Simple as that.

Here's a photo on approach to the arch from the South a few minutes earlier. Mississippi River (unseen) is on the right.

00-1-1.jpg

Very neato!

Mine is my 440 4 speed 66 Canadian Monaco. Supposedly a 1 of 1 special order car.

My sig pic is the stable - mind you the turquoise Monaco was sold a long time ago.

Very neato!

Mine is my 440 4 speed 66 Canadian Monaco. Supposedly a 1 of 1 special order car.

My sig pic is the stable - mind you the turquoise Monaco was sold a long time ago.

Thanks, and not trying to debate ya Ross, but nobody's in the Monaco. Am I lookin' at the right thing? :)

Mine is simply my car. It's the second picture of it I have used; I switched when I bought the new wheels.

My 67 cockpit.
00L0L_9USvdFAlZyq_1200x900.jpg

I think my first avatar was a side shot of my 68, the second was just the Monaco emblem from the 67 and now this.

Obviously, no red blooded American House Hold is complete without one or two rusty Chrysler's in the back yard. This one happened to be on the 4th of July.

What's your avatar? Comments about them are sprinkled through lots of threads but I didnt find ONE thread on just our avatars (if its there, I'll ask Tallhair to kill this thread).

They are so small its hard to tell what they sometimes. Others are easy and obvious what they are. Many are beggin' for a story to be told -- if you decide to :)

I know people change them up from time to time (i have used three in three years, but kept the one i have now for 2 1/2 of those years). I plan to keep mine as is.

So is there anything to tell about your avatar? Why that photo/image in particular? Do you have a bigger version of it or related photos/images? This is intended to be fun so we'll see if it goes anywhere -- and still remains fun.

I'll start.

This is the St. Louis Gateway Arch, standing directly beneath it, one brutally muggy morning (8am, 86 degrees, dew point 76, RH in the 90's) in July 2011.

I picked it because if the "shiny stainless steel" look of the arch against the beautiful "amazinblue" sky. Simple as that.

Here's a photo on approach to the arch from the South a few minutes earlier. Mississippi River (unseen) is on the right.

That's a really cool avatar, you've raised the bar. I may have to find another one for myself.

Mine is the first time I laid eyes on the hood of the car, after it was unburied.

300.sm.jpg

Saved the 300.fcbo.jpg

Mine is my car as done by Ddaddy from FABO.

I've used a few different pics of my car if various states of repair and parked at night.

Back