Say, What's that Avatar?

Yeah, and the arch was a swayin' a bit in the wind that day. Heights dont bug me but the kids were freakin' a bit.

Those little tiny windows are the observation deck (600+ feet up, it was packed with people that day, and I was trying to get shots from both sides, but my kids were givin' me that "Dad, lets go look".

00-1-2.jpg

STILL it was fun and the Arch is an architectural masterpiece. Here's a 45 minute vid that you can view if you have time to watch the history/construction. Michigan firm won the design competition for it (Eero Saarinen in Bloomfield Hills)

Took a trip into the arch a few years back. It was really cool and I have a healthy respect for heights...:wideyed:

indeed.

I would go so far as to say Im scared shitless of heights...but you must adapt and overcome!

DSC03335.JPG
DSC03328.JPG
DSC03340.JPG
DSC03330.JPG

I flew 150' down thru the gorge. glad I didnt drop a present on the road below :lol:

I believe the Arch was under construction in '63 when we took our vacation out west. I've stayed downtown while wotking in Fenton Mo. Just walking the grounds under the arch is pretty impressive.

Did anyone actually see Mario in the air?, I didn't...:rolleyes:

dunno matt .. i am inclined to go with the story as told.

this pic. MarPar has got a good, tight grip on the lovely lady AND a look that MAY say "I am so happy you're here". :) :poke::)

dsc03328-jpg.jpg

My avatar=first Mopar purchase is presently being shipped...72 Imperial...first minor thing is remove nonfunctional sidepipes.
redside3qtr.png

This may not come as a real shock to some but....

Alfred was one of my earliest influences. (What? Me Worry? Is probably not the greatest philosophy for life but it seems to have worked for me.) I started reading Mad when I was 7 and bought numerous issues throughout the late 60s and 70s. Yes, the mischief stickers got me in trouble.

In the early 80s I got serious about collecting and for about 10 years, (I quit buying the year Bill Gaines died. That seemed like a good stopping point.) I bought issues off the newsstand, read them once and boarded and bagged them. I went back and filled in the gaps upgrading issues through the years. Then I started buying the first 23 which are a comic format.

I am one issue away from having a complete run from 1-323 plus I'm lacking two of the specials from '58-92. Reading them in order is slated to be my full time occupation the first six months of retirement. Mad magazine is just something I've had in my life for most of my life.

I can always find an appropriate Alfred to use throughout the year. I've just gotten lazy due to the number of changes I have to make across multiple boards.

I just consider myself an Imperial man. I think the eagle is one of the most cool car logos ever. Fell in love with that bird first time I saw it.

Back