Say, What's that Avatar?

Another pretty obvious one. Had the regular colour shot at first, and some of us were doing some photo editing on a few of our car pics, and the chrome version stuck with me.

that is the first vehicle i learned to check out the fluids and condition to drive in , and drove it for work at 14yrs old in 69 . yes dad tot me the first things to know about a vehicle , and mom tot me about passing gear , lol . and it still remains in the condition it was from 69 , less a little air n fluids in the army truck as it is know here .

DSC04743.JPG

DSC04745.JPG

DSC04746.JPG

187134 2007 right.jpg

Carlisle 2007, just a pretty shade of original Orange in the morning sun of my 70. My wife is putting sunblock on my youngest daughters arm. That may have been her first Carlisle ...

Also an amazing blue sky

self explanatory,but im part of a group of mopar guys that arent the richest in the land.
we buy cars no one else will buy and either part them or save them.
we try to help each other and you guys on the net as cheaply as possible.
we locate cars,parts,and do road trips to get what we want.

we also have no qualms about driving a beater mopar.
we all still get a ton of interest,( make that 2 tons ;) )
in the cars and get others interested in the c bodies.

Almost done,
63 polara anniversary,65 fury,67 newport,65 barracuda,66 charger,75 charger,77 cordoba,and then theres the parts cars and derelicts.

and of course,im looking at a 69 polara thats way too far away for a sane road trip...but that body!!

I had to think about it.
I've got it.
The man in black (Jeff in his black Imperials) singing "Back in the Saddle Again" (after being without an Imperial for a long time).

What did I win?
Yes, but he had that avatar before the Imperials....

Mine is my Father-in-law's 65 Sport Fury that I am the caretaker of and the reason I came here in the first place.

Willie.PNG

Does anyone not understand mine???

self explanatory,but im part of a group of mopar guys that arent the richest in the land.
we buy cars no one else will buy and either part them or save them.
we try to help each other and you guys on the net as cheaply as possible.
we locate cars,parts,and do road trips to get what we want.

we also have no qualms about driving a beater mopar.
we all still get a ton of interest,( make that 2 tons ;) )
in the cars and get others interested in the c bodies.

Almost done,
63 polara anniversary,65 fury,67 newport,65 barracuda,66 charger,75 charger,77 cordoba,and then theres the parts cars and derelicts.

and of course,im looking at a 69 polara thats way too far away for a sane road trip...but that body!!

beavis and butthead.gif

:D

Mine is two-fold... although none of you would know it, I have no hair (I prefer saying that instead of 'bald') AND my mopar is a California convertible. 'SPF' being short hand for sunscreen, it is definitely Required in my car.

One of my other hobbies is collecting old cameras, specifically the Argus brand. From the '30s to the '60s they were usually the number 2 camera company in the US, and were made in Ann Arbor MI, just down the road from Detroit.
M21_unique_speed_select.JPG

I figure this thread will cause a rash of avatar changes!
My avatar over on another site is this.
IMG_0381 - Copy.JPG

Picked this car up right from Dodge Main late Sept. '67. Still my favorite color combo for the '68s. (photo is of an identical car seen at Carlisle a few years back)

Last edited:
thank you folks for participating.

so far interesting, fun, touching, clever, etc, , .. hope we wind up with a thousand (well maybe a hundred) posts before this thread peters out.

Last edited:
Back