Say, What's that Avatar?

Well how about that, you've answered a question I've had for years. Back when I got my first driver's license, after the written test and just before the road test, the examiner asked if I wanted a standard license or a Chauffeurs license. I asked what the difference was told with a Chauffeurs licence I could drive anything commercial and I think he added it cost an extra $2. So I splurged. Years later when I moved from Ontario to Alberta, my new Alberta licence was issued as class 3 instead of the normal class 5. Seems my licence covers multi-axle so all I need is an Air Certificate and I could be real dangerous!:)

In Alberta
  • Class 1 (Professional – Any vehicle)
  • Class 2 (Professional – Bus)
  • Class 3 (3-axle plus)
  • Class 4 (Professional – Taxi, Ambulance)
  • Class 5 (2-axle – Cars, Light Trucks, Motor Homes or Mopeds)
  • Class 6 (Motorcycle & Moped)
JUST DO NOT TRY AND PASS THE HAZMET ENDORSEMENT WITHOUT STUDYING ALL THE CHANGES AND UPDATES SINCE THE LAST TEST 4 YEARZ AGO? OR YOU'LL LOOK REALLY STUPID WHEN YOUR BOSS DISPATCHES YOU TO MAKE AH RUN TO TORONTO WITH SOMETHING NASTY AND YOU TELL HIM YOU LOST THAT ENDORCEMENT, lol... Not me remembering BTW, But I know ah few that it happened to, Jer

JUST DO NOT TRY AND PASS THE HAZMET ENDORSEMENT WITHOUT STUDYING ALL THE CHANGES AND UPDATES SINCE THE LAST TEST 4 YEARZ AGO? OR YOU'LL LOOK REALLY STUPID WHEN YOUR BOSS DISPATCHES YOU TO MAKE AH RUN TO TORONTO WITH SOMETHING NASTY AND YOU TELL HIM YOU LOST THAT ENDORCEMENT, lol... Not me remembering BTW, But I know ah few that it happened to, Jer
I let the Haz-mat expire on mine. Wasn't worth it. I'm really, really, torn on whether to renew my CDL A at the next renewal ($$). It's finally sinking in that I'm never gonna be climbing up into the cab again.

I let the Haz-mat expire on mine. Wasn't worth it. I'm really, really, torn on whether to renew my CDL A at the next renewal ($$). It's finally sinking in that I'm never gonna be climbing up into the cab again.
I think you just answered your own question Pal. Do you really need ah CDL to do the running you're now doing? Hell Man, Every time it comes around for me to renew. All I have to do to make the decision Iz to back up my memory to the last time I fueled up and tracked #2 impregnated sand back in on my fuzzy carpet that I then had to pitch 'n replace. WELL DAH? DECISION MADE. Too many Swiftz 'n J.B. Huntz out there today for me anyway. We paid our duez and we survived. I'm proud of what I accomplished over the yearz I did it. Now I just ***** at all the dumb shitz out there now and try to not run over 'um, Jer

Last edited:
At your (our) age, there is enough prodding and poking from the doctors already, no need to add more just to keep up a classification that's not going to be used.

I won't lie. It will be like taking away my blankie... :(
I know it's silly but...
For similar reasons, I still have 3'x8' of floor space in the garage used up by the "Queen Mary" (a nickname given to my tool box by the owner of a shop she once sat in).

I ditched my CDL long ago, but it was easy for me to count it more as liability than a benefit. Mine was a C w/passenger endorsement... I had an A permit and a truck available w/a fresh DOT inspection at the end of the 90's. I had a '91 DUI that an insurance carrier at work related to my "temporary license"(the permit)... couldn't work out the truck fast enough, so I dropped the permit. Sometime around 2010 I had a speeding ticket and found out I couldn't kill the points w/driving school, so I dropped the "C" too. I had only ever used it to test drive shuttle buses I repaired in the 90s, but it left a question if I were ever pulled over driving my schoolie w/air brakes (no endorsement, but titled as an RV).

Ray... Sorry I side tracked your Very Interesting Thread Man. Getting it back on track now...... If theirz any one here that can not figure out that my Avitar iz AH UM, Ah 1 of None '61300 C-BODY LONG ROOF W/ FINZ BELCHIN' FIRE 'N LIGHTIN' UP TIREZ, yer new here but welcome all if I missed yeah, Jer

I have a t-shirt with that on it that some old guy from MI gave me a few years back. I shoulda had him autograph it...

Ray... Sorry I side tracked your Very Interesting Thread Man. Getting it back on track now...... If theirz any one here that can not figure out that my Avitar iz AH UM, Ah 1 of None '61300 C-BODY LONG ROOF W/ FINZ BELCHIN' FIRE 'N LIGHTIN' UP TIREZ, yer new here but welcome all if I missed yeah, Jer

no harm no foul jer. neat avatar ya got. :)

thx

I get your avatar, what I don't get is your use of the letter z? Seriously....

Well Snooty friend "Scott",Pal? It all started ah few yearz back just for grinz and haz become az much ah part of me today az my Avitar. You've never spake with my face tah face either. Some day hopefully we can fix that? Like I've told more then ah few over the last 60+ yearz. 'Til I waz 15 and got ah peek at my Birth Certificate I thought my name waz actually Dammit Jerry. Found out it wasn't even close at all so I told everybody that knew me I'd much prefer just plain Jer thank you very much. And for ah very long time now I've gone thru' life way less crabby. It all workz for me includin' the Z'z, Jer

Ah bit over kill M&Mz but thankz. You need to communicate to Fred, our Brother to the North tho' and he'll put you on the list so we know who you iz? We all be'z friendz here remember?

Agree, it is a fine line, isn't it. And its your thing, not mine, so I'll leave it alone.

Not sure who "Fred" is, and what "list" you're referring to but some lists are sometimes best to stay off of!

Believe me, no "ill will" intended here, maybe just a somewhat warped & convoluted sense of humor. :thumbsup:

Agree, it is a fine line, isn't it. And its your thing, not mine, so I'll leave it alone.

Not sure who "Fred" is, and what "list" you're referring to but some lists are sometimes best to stay off of!

Believe me, no "ill will" intended here, maybe just a somewhat warped & convoluted sense of humor. :thumbsup:

Busted. I readily admit my plumb bob iz ah bit off center But where can any of us have this much fun fer free? Az for the list Fred= Fratzog up in Grimsby, On. Ca. I think of him az our resident "Archivist" . He haz taken hiz own time to compile a Three page long list(at this writing) Matching Avitar namez to First names only and general locations IF SUPPLIED AND ALPHABETIZED IT... WAY TAH GO FRED. Now tell me M'z&M'z, Do you know of anyone that does't think the sound of their own name iz the sweetest sound they could possibly hear? Good list to be part of me thinkest? Jer

Last edited:
Back