Scenicruisin'..?

I shoot myself in the foot then with the lack of apostrophes. ...
Well, ****...
shoot man, i drop apostrophes all the time. "cant, dont, wont, its ..even aint (bad grammar)." my excuse .. just lazy i guess.

tangent alert before we go back to buses:

AND its a RH "little finger" press on the keyboard i seem to have trouble with since 8th grade typing class: "Hands on Homerow, Eyes on copy, Begin!" -- still rings in my ears from Mrs. Davis' class :)

the typewriter, a staple of my formative years, was NEVER used by my kids. My oldest is 31 -- firmly in the computer era her whole life.

I still have my old "Brother" (not this one, but one similar) in storage. Christmas present in 1975. Got me through college

View attachment 128258
And may I point out... "cantflip"... my flaws are still my flaws.:D

shoot man, i drop apostrophes all the time. "cant, dont, wont, its ..even aint (bad grammar)." my excuse .. just lazy i guess.

tangent alert before we go back to buses:

AND its a RH "little finger" press on the keyboard i seem to have trouble with since 8th grade typing class: "Hands on Homerow, Eyes on copy, Begin!" -- still rings in my ears from Mrs. Davis' class :)

the typewriter, a staple of my formative years, was NEVER used by my kids. My oldest is 31 -- firmly in the computer era her whole life.

I still have my old "Brother" (not this one, but one similar) in storage. Christmas present in 1975. Got me through college

View attachment 128258
Every year or two I pull out my typewriter ... It's a little like trying to fret chords on a pedal steel guitar... I sure lost a lot of finger strength to these damned computer keyboards.

i played piano age 5-14, saxophone age 10-14. still have finger/hand strength.

typed 120 words a minute error free and won a typing contest in 8th grade. to the howls of derision from my cohorts .. some playful, some i had to kick some a** over. stupidly and regrettably to this day i gave up on music soon after. smh here :-(

still can play both instruments ..but a mere shadow of where i was and nowhere close to what i coulda been. i type like the wind on computer keyboards .. its effortless vs. a typewriter :)

You gotz flawz Catnip????? HUMMMM?
I thought we had covered these... I fart, Management claims I snore, I tend to wake up too early... but hell, I like me.:D
From Jer, I would have expected something close to "busz" or maybe "buzzez":thankyou:
i played piano age 5-14, saxophone age 10-14. still have finger/hand strength.

typed 120 words a minute error free and won a typing contest in 8th grade. to the howls of derision from my cohorts .. some playful, some i had to kick some a** over. stupidly and regrettably to this day i gave up on music soon after. smh here :-(

still can play both instruments ..but a mere shadow of where i was and nowhere close to what i coulda been. i type like the wind on computer keyboards .. its effortless vs. a typewriter :)
I'm basically a two finger pecker... which may make some of my posts more impressive.:rolleyes:

And it's good your finger strength is still there... your eventual bus is going to require you to use it a bunch.:poke:

shoot man .. there are people who type extraordinarily well with two fingers, "mechanical" age where I learned, to the digital age where us oldtimers find ourselves (vids below).

Before we eventually get back to busses, buses, buszez, and the fleet, a typing trivia question. The Quick Brown Fox Jumps Over The Lazy Dog. Anyone?

shoot man .. there are people who type extraordinarily well with two fingers, "mechanical" age where I learned, to the digital age where us oldtimers find ourselves (vids below).

Before we eventually get back to busses, buses, buszez, and the fleet, a typing trivia question. The Quick Brown Fox Jumps Over The Lazy Dog. Anyone?

In my ninth grade typing class, we used: "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country."

In my ninth grade typing class, we used: "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country."

We had that one! :) One more too .. but it aint comin' to me...:BangHead:

Anyway, there's still a difference between my sentence and that one. Spot it yet?

Anyway, there's still a difference between my sentence and that one. Spot it yet?

I can't see your sentence. . . The internet police here are blocking it. . . The bastids. . .

I can't see your sentence. . . The internet police here are blocking it. . . The bastids. . .

It was the same one in post #574: "The Quick Brown Fox Jumps Over The Lazy Dog."

We had to practice that sentence repeatedly in typing class for one particular reason :)

It was the same one in post #574: "The Quick Brown Fox Jumps Over The Lazy Dog."

We had to practice that sentence repeatedly in typing class for one particular reason :)

The quick brown fox uses every letter of the alphabet.

Back