So I bought this one today.

LOL Mario..... I have the whole kit, spray gun, wands etc. and a gallon of that stuff that I undercoated the Caterham with before I took it out on the road. Plenty left to hit the others with:thumbsup:

View attachment 356049 View attachment 356050 View attachment 356051 View attachment 356052 View attachment 356053 View attachment 356054 View attachment 356055 View attachment 356056 View attachment 356057 Matt here's a few pics of the wrecked 67 MD car.
Sorry for the bad pics,but it has been awhile since I've been there and it has been overtaken by berry vines and yellow jackets. Tough to get pics when your getting stung! The floors look good as the carpet was remove years ago. Engine is all there.
Mint driver fender. Inner fenders look good, some damage to pass fender. I'm going to have to go back with some wasp spray and vine cutters to get it running.
So the hood’s been closed and there’s been something covering the carb all this time?

Yes there was a cover over carb.Carb was new and still functions well. Master cyl and brakes were all rebuilt along with rear brakes, radiator was serviced.
I drove the car to that spot.
They are dusty from sitting. I have a title,if that means any thing. The floors look good. The MD floor brackets were removed. I'm going to have to get it out the yard to get better pics.

Well I didn’t find a lamp hiding anywhere in it but I did find a wrench for removing the table.:thumbsup:
3851F2B6-9CE2-4D56-AE7C-0091A71DC0CD.jpeg

Well I didn’t find a lamp hiding anywhere in it but I did find a wrench for removing the table.:thumbsup:
View attachment 356742

cool. those are the kind of things you have to "search" for. I'm convinced there is nothing you can't locate if you use the proper search engine, and network. Very unlikely someone will go through the trouble to find a buyer for a item like this wrench, or has one and knows what it is. I enjoy the challenge.

Finished the deal on this yesterday when the now previous owner came into town. He had the dealer Monroney label reproduced and also handed me this other MD only part, the threaded cap for when the table is removed.

CBADBEBB-E625-439D-9E48-72C11EB13C4E.jpeg
5C42907B-9288-4209-BAE2-D6410DF60FA2.jpeg
EE7EC125-E4BF-49DF-8DEB-548A61DD2DF6.jpeg

The Mobile Director option was NOT CHEAP!
Prolly explains why few were ordered.
Such a niche market then and now..

I wonder how many of those caps are still in existence? I have only seen pictures of the MD option and never knew they had a cap, but it makes perfect sense in an Imperial.

Since you indicate it is a reproduction, it got me wondering...Did the dealer labels really say "Chrysler Crown Imperial" seems wrong to me.

I would have thought "Imperial Crown 2 Dr Hdtp" considering it was still a separate division.

cool. those are the kind of things you have to "search" for. I'm convinced there is nothing you can't locate if you use the proper search engine, and network. Very unlikely someone will go through the trouble to find a buyer for a item like this wrench, or has one and knows what it is. I enjoy the challenge.
Agreed, never thought I'd find the Autotemp test unit, but 24 hrs after posting a query I was paying Stan for one and he sent it to Wisconsin. Just amazing what people have acquired through the years.

matt , this was the replacement for the graham that got scrapped by error . its a 30 gmc p/u ? pickup a pair of glass rear fenders that will work nice for this p/u roadtoy .
DSC01675.JPG
DSC01676.JPG
DSC01681.JPG
DSC01682.JPG
DSC01683.JPG
DSC01684.JPG
DSC01685.JPG

thats matt , it ate a graham . but just maybe it could get cool . at least the sheet metal is there . just one part of the top skin missing , i'm going there in a couple days . he call me said there was another car for me to look at .

Back