So I want to have a 440 built....

Will the Eddy RPM let me keep my stock air cleaner?
Yes, the stock air cleaner should fit with the RPM (height wise), but it really depends on the carb you choose. Be careful when you order your carb so you don't get the wrong bore.

Yes, the stock air cleaner should fit with the RPM (height wise), but it really depends on the carb you choose. Be careful when you order your carb so you don't get the wrong bore.
Using the nearly new Eddy 750 off of the 383.

I appreciate everyone being patient with me on this build and answering lots of stupid questions, Stans been the most patient...;-) I'm debating also the merits of a roller cam with hydraulic lifters. Wondering if the can get a roller cam that will equal the specs of the 375hp cam that has been talked about here already.

Cost of a roller cam and lifters makes no sense in the motor you are building.

$750 to $1k for the cam and lifters plus the following.
Distributor Drive Gear/Shaft for roller cam.
Cam Button on the inside of the timing cover.
Custom length push rods.
Head work or purchase of new heads to take advantage of the lift the roller cam offers.
Upgrade ignition to take advantage of new cam and heads.
ETC......
Cost far outweighs what you are going to be using the engine for, and if you are building a race motor you are not going to put it in a C body.

$750 to $1k for the cam and lifters plus the following.
Distributor Drive Gear/Shaft for roller cam.
Cam Button on the inside of the timing cover.
Custom length push rods.
Head work or purchase of new heads to take advantage of the lift the roller cam offers.
Upgrade ignition to take advantage of new cam and heads.
ETC......
Cost far outweighs what you are going to be using the engine for, and if you are building a race motor you are not going to put it in a C body.

Ok, makes sense and saves money.

Flat tappet vs roller. Yes i know some people hate these and its wrong engine...

Now,
1. what intake manifold do I buy, and
2. where can I get a new electronic dizzy
3. with a non aggressive advance rate?
1. Edelbrock Performer dual-plane lo-rise.
2. FBO Ignition, Distributor tuning and Carburetion Professionals, FBO Ignition systems, Ford Ignition, Mopar Ignition, Ford Distributors, Mopar Distributors, Ford distributor curving, Mopar distributor curving, HEI Ignition, MSD ignition tuning,
3. When you order it,, by phone, FBO Ignition, Distributor tuning and Carburetion Professionals, FBO Ignition systems, Ford Ignition, Mopar Ignition, Ford Distributors, Mopar Distributors, Ford distributor curving, Mopar distributor curving, HEI Ignition, MSD ignition tuning,, the owner will ask you very detailed questions about your specific application and will custom curve the distributer for you at an additional cost. Plug n play. And he really know his ****.

pie tin.jpg
Coming soon to a Chrylser near me! What color should a '68 440 be? And, thinking I should have the tranny gone through.

Was also thinking I'd have the tranny gone through while the engines out. It is 48 yrs old and will have more stress from the 440. Anything recommended I have done to it during rebuild? Shift kit, new torque converter, or? I had thought about a lower first gear but can't find anyone with any real world experience having done that.

Back