Terrible 1956 Imperial dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at 2.600 about 45 minutes ago with reserve not met. Someone's a bit nervous it seems.

Spent decades in the woods where they abandoned junked cars. Reportedly the sellers doug it out after "stumbling" over it. Nice profit I'd say, not even a vin was traceable.

how can the seller know that, just wondering
Lance forwarded to me the two email exchanges he had with the bidder. Totally laughable.
The money would come from an account of the now deceased Prime Minister of Uganda of 365,450,000.000 $US which is held in escrow and he need help in moving it out of the country....

No, I made that up but it's close.

I hate you guys.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/1969-Chrysle...40899255435?pt=Automobile&hash=item20ce40048b

$T2eC16RHJHQE9nzEzNkdBQ!wn)5Ulg~~60_12.jpg

Interesting how that 10K bid is still there... Hoping someone will top the "fake" bid no doubt.

Interesting how that 10K bid is still there... Hoping someone will top the "fake" bid no doubt.

Lance has decided to leave the bid up since it showed what the reserve was. Better that he leaves it and if it's not topped by a legit bidder, he's going to send out Second Chance Notices. I told him that was dumb because a lot of high sub 10k bids won't get put in.
Not my effen problem.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Somehow I don't think "Lance" is going to offer up a car he wants $12k for as a second chance to the lower bidders at $2.5K Which would in fact be the second chance bid.

Last edited:
Somehow I don't think "Lance" is going to offer up a car he wants $12k for as a second chance to the lower bidders at $2.5K Which would in fact be the second chance bid.
I didn't say that.
HE says: Now that the reserve has been revealed, the current watchers wont bid on it if he deletes the $10k bid.
I say: by NOT deleting the bogus $10k bid, he's losing bidders that will go higher than the current legitimate bid.
I think he's totally wrong but it ain't my auction so.....
PLUS, it's not his car. He's doing it as a favor to the owner.
And who knows, I STILL may end up buying this car. And for lot less than the $6k, too. So I'm not arguing with him.

That's his argument. Who knows...

Last edited:
That's his argument. Who knows...

Good guy. Rather than give the bidders an opportunity to bid at the 2500 and possibly win at less than the fake $10K bid he's hoping to get more than the $10K. Smells like fraud to me so he can get a better cut of the pie.

Perhaps the rest of the moparts community should be made aware so that at least they don't bid up a fraudulent auction....

Good guy. Rather than give the bidders an opportunity to bid at the 2500 and possibly win at less than the fake $10K bid he's hoping to get more than the $10K. Smells like fraud to me so he can get a better cut of the pie.
You nailed it. I have to agree. No different than shilling in my opinion.
AND... I told you guys....

Perhaps the rest of the moparts community should be made aware so that at least they don't bid up a fraudulent auction....[/QUOTE]

Hey.... Nobody HAS to bid..... Someone may think the car is worth more and bid.... Although it's not likely... still their business.

I'm still thinking about. I see him leaving the bogus bid up there as being to my advantage. There won't be any more bids.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back