What did you do to your C-body today....

I found a guy who would do my seats! He will cut and fab the rubber, and put all together for me. Nice guy who does a lot of low riders in Fresno. I saw some of his work at a Show in Clovis.

It was a PITA getting the driver's side seat out; my exhaust man put the added driver's side pipe right over one of the nuts holding the seat in place! Yuck! Finally got it out last Thursday. Took them to his shop today.

Don't know how long it will take, but from his work, I'm looking forward to it!

The car is at my home. Since I need to put another AC controller on, it's easier to do under the dash with the seats out. I'll be putting in my new carpet.

Here's the Monte I saw his work on:

IMG_0044.JPG

Got this rust bucket moving under her own power today. She's rougher than a stucko bathtub but hopefully she can take a few GM down with her

IMG_20240527_212902_125.jpg

IMG_20240527_212921_679.jpg

IMG_20240527_212932_800.jpg

IMG_20240527_212909_947.jpg

IMG_20240527_212853_652.jpg

IMG_20240527_212950_134.jpg

IMG_20240610_200558_705.jpg

Last edited:
Not at Goodyear anymore?

Kevin
Yes still at Goodyear but at the tire factory in Napanee as an actual Goodyear associate.
Prior to April 15th I was under contract through GDI.
Now I am doing the same work for more money!!
Was 20 years at a Goodyear tire store but 3 years ago during Covid I was laid off.

Last edited:
I took the 72 New Yorker sedan with 92k out for an extended 90-mile test drive to farther evaluate its condition and needs.

Current condition is...

The new.
Radiator hoses - p/s hoses - tires - gas tank and fuel pump - master window switch...

The good.
Motor - trans - rear - cooling system - charging system - factory carb - ignition - all glass - good hot oil pressure-
brake booster - nice clean quiet dual exhaust - front bumper - all other outside chrome and stainless - dash pad-door panels - head liner - carpet - p/w windows - p/w door locks - p/s pump - nice tight/no play easy twirling steering gear box - front grill - all rear light lenses - a/c - heat - dash vent operation - all outside lights - dash gauges - dash lights - cig lighter - dome and door lights - 4 correct hub caps - seat cushion foams - no known rust - lower control arm torsion bushings - rear springs - no motor oil/water leaks - no interior smell - straight body...

The bad.
Front end upper control arm bushings - u-joints - rotors - drums - master cylinder - sway bushings - shocks - one window drive gear - all window and door seals - trunk seal - fan shroud --VINYL TOP - PAINT - SEAT FABRIC-- fuel line return to gas tank for vapor lock - stereo - speakers - p/s pump tin can tank big o-ring - rear trans seal - rear bumper chrome - 10 mpg...

She's a true beast at 75 mph, but she needs a lot of love to make the grade as a regular use car.

I'm at $1800 now.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH HER? ---- SELL, OR RENOVATE TO DRIVE?

P1010015 (2).JPG

I took the 72 New Yorker sedan with 92k out for an extended 90-mile test drive to farther evaluate its condition and needs.

Current condition is...

The new.
Radiator hoses - p/s hoses - tires - gas tank and fuel pump - master window switch...

The good.
Motor - trans - rear - cooling system - charging system - factory carb - ignition - all glass - good hot oil pressure-
brake booster - nice clean quiet dual exhaust - front bumper - all other outside chrome and stainless - dash pad-door panels - head liner - carpet - p/w windows - p/w door locks - p/s pump - nice tight/no play easy twirling steering gear box - front grill - all rear light lenses - a/c - heat - dash vent operation - all outside lights - dash gauges - dash lights - cig lighter - dome and door lights - 4 correct hub caps - seat cushion foams - no known rust - lower control arm torsion bushings - rear springs - no motor oil/water leaks - no interior smell - straight body...

The bad.
Front end upper control arm bushings - u-joints - rotors - drums - master cylinder - sway bushings - shocks - one window drive gear - all window and door seals - trunk seal - fan shroud --VINYL TOP - PAINT - SEAT FABRIC-- fuel line return to gas tank for vapor lock - stereo - speakers - p/s pump tin can tank big o-ring - rear trans seal - rear bumper chrome - 10 mpg...

She's a true beast at 75 mph, but she needs a lot of love to make the grade as a regular use car.

I'm at $1800 now.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH HER? ---- SELL, OR RENOVATE TO DRIVE?

View attachment 666079

Finish the mechanicals, make it safe, clean it up as best you can and drive it!

Removed the passenger vent delete plate and installed an original vent and cable and it makes a huge difference. I also half *** fixed the rear door window roller by putting the two halves together and zip tying them, now it functions perfectly. Did the same on the other 3 doors five years ago and they're still holding strong.

IMG_20240616_181127753.jpg

IMG_20240616_180131643.jpg

Back