What's your Daily Driver?

My daily driver...2014 BMW 328 x-drive. She is a company car and the lease is up at Christmas. great winter car, goes through snow like it's not even there. very surefooted, comfy and fast for a bi-turbo 4-banger!!

View attachment 79432

Company meat wagon huh .. I remember the day you got that bi-amplified autobahn cruiser Mar. Time sure flies.

1986 Accord: 102.3" wheelbase and 174" length

2016 Civic: 106.3" wheelbase and 182" length

My 1980 Civic wagon: 91.3" wheelbase and 157.3" length

So, yes, I thought the new Civic was big.
Can't argue with the facts, guess it is big by those standards.

Too bad in my neck of the woods most of those 80s Japanese econoboxes have melted. I never see them in person.

Company meat wagon huh .. I remember the day you got that bi-amplified autobahn cruiser Mar. Time sure flies.

Yep, the olde Meat Wagon. Crazy how time flies, eh Bry? I've had it 2 and a half years already. And it seems like just yesterday I started working at my company. 14 years this past Feb.

Can't argue with the facts, guess it is big by those standards.

Too bad in my neck of the woods most of those 80s Japanese econoboxes have melted. I never see them in person.

Quick look on Craigslist found these early versions. A 78, 82 and a 81 wagon just like my 80 only not metallic brown.

00O0O_j2j1rvVU0og_600x450.jpg

00a0a_3QGfRslnQtL_600x450.jpg

00w0w_joDgx9CEnYx_600x450.jpg

My DD is an '06 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with every option except back seat video and blue tooth. No kids so no video and I hate using a phone on the road so no blue tooth. I bought it new and this July it will be 10 years old. I don't drive much so the Jeep is just reaching 48,500 miles, which I suppose means it's just broken in. :p It's comfortable and fairly quick so I probably will keep it awhile longer. My daughter has similar '12 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with all the bell's and whistles, nice truck but I like my '06 better.

P4080001.JPG

Like I said when BitterSweet went up for sale, once it finally left the plan was to trade in Pamela's Rx-8 for something that could accomodate both our needs. Here it is. New '16 Lincoln MKS Elite. ☺

PicsArt_05-20-12.41.20.jpg

Like I said when BitterSweet went up for sale, once it finally left the plan was to trade in Pamela's Rx-8 for something that could accomodate both our needs. Here it is. New '16 Lincoln MKS Elite. ☺

View attachment 79909
I like that!

I drove a decked out Ford Fusion a couple years ago and really liked it. The Lincoln version has to be good!

BTW, Joey has a Lincoln and Cadillac forum .
Lincoln vs Cadillac

Wow! What were the considerations that led to this particular car may I ask?
Oh, gawd, the reasons are endless, but at the top of the list is that the MKS is the only full-sized sedan w/adjustable pedals and memory (she's under 5-0, I'm 6-0) other than its Ford sibling the Taurus (the mid sized MKZ is the Fusion sibbling), but the MKS had some safety stuff and desireable features not avail. on the Taurus.

Last edited:
Back