attention squad savvy: questions about my 71' NJSP Fury

A38E86D32

Reaction score
Hi again,
First question: my car is a 71' plymouth fury 3 former NJSP car. The fender tag (there's only one) says TX9 for the exterior paint, but there's white paint underneath the door gaskets and i know the NJSP were black and white. The question here is, did they purchase the car black then had someone make it black and white? The car is in grey primer right now.
Second question : Being this is a black and white police package, shouldn't there be a second fender tag? And if so, what would it say? I'm guessing "special order".
What i know about the car already is what my dad told me. He purchased it in 73', back then it was all black. He said he found out it was a Leutenant's car from West Trenton trooper barracks.
When he bought it, it DIDN'T have a spotlight but there is a hole for one in the driverside a pillar plastic trim. The outside a pillar was bondo'd over. I also discovered what appears to be a filled in hole in the roof where the roof rack harness would go.
Any help would be greatly appreciated and please feel free to ask ME questions about the car too!!

Tx9 would show as black exterior...would imagine white would be added afterward
Welcome to the site enjoy

Hi again,
First question: my car is a 71' plymouth fury 3 former NJSP car. The fender tag (there's only one) says TX9 for the exterior paint, but there's white paint underneath the door gaskets and i know the NJSP were black and white. The question here is, did they purchase the car black then had someone make it black and white? The car is in grey primer right now.
Second question : Being this is a black and white police package, shouldn't there be a second fender tag? And if so, what would it say? I'm guessing "special order".
What i know about the car already is what my dad told me. He purchased it in 73', back then it was all black. He said he found out it was a Leutenant's car from West Trenton trooper barracks.
When he bought it, it DIDN'T have a spotlight but there is a hole for one in the driverside a pillar plastic trim. The outside a pillar was bondo'd over. I also discovered what appears to be a filled in hole in the roof where the roof rack harness would go.
Any help would be greatly appreciated and please feel free to ask ME questions about the car too!!

Let's see what we can find out...

Was the car built at the Belvedere (D) plant or the Newark (F) plant?

Is the tag held on with screws or is it attached with rivets?
Does the fender tag indicate a VON that starts with a J? Something like J01***
Since the paint code is TX9, the car was painted black. Unless there is a tag indicating SPECIAL MASK, the white was probably added after purchase.
Do any of the following appear on the tag? F33, F35, F36, F37?
Any F38 code?
Does the code Y39 appear on the tag?

Let's see what we can find out...

Was the car built at the Belvedere (D) plant or the Newark (F) plant?

Is the tag held on with screws or is it attached with rivets?
Does the fender tag indicate a VON that starts with a J? Something like J01***
Since the paint code is TX9, the car was painted black. Unless there is a tag indicating SPECIAL MASK, the white was probably added after purchase.
Do any of the following appear on the tag? F33, F35, F36, F37?
Any F38 code?
Does the code Y39 appear on the tag?

I'll dig out a pic, or a few and post them up here. The tag is held on with phillips head screws.

FB_IMG_1448210696692.jpg

FB_IMG_1448210696692.jpg

The tag is hard to read on the upper left hand portion. I'm going to try to remove it to see if i can read it on the backside

The tag is hard to read on the upper left hand portion. I'm going to try to remove it to see if i can read it on the backside

Just go over it a Little with sand paper that will Highlight the numbers.

On my CHP car that was painted Black and white from the Factory they would paint the roof white first then paint the body black. On the doors then painted the door skin only white then painted the rest of the door black. Some people have said they have seen doors that were painted black before the white.

Normally a car like this would typically have a 2nd tag that would indicate "Special Mask", on my CHP car the paint codes are 99 99 even though the black was standard 69 Dodge Black, the white was a spec color.

On your car I would assume the doors were fully painted white from the factory.

Alan

Back