Picked up a new daily driver...

Picked the control arms up yesterday. Got her all buttoned up.

Took her up to one of the local tire places for an alignment. What a joke! Guy spent 20 mins on the car, came back out front and tells me all is good. Only the toe was out.
Really? You do realise I jest went through the whole front end, right?
Yea, it looks great! Your good to go!

Unbealiveable. Spent $100 to have a guy play with my tie rods for 20mins. She's still pulling to the right. I'm gonna rotate the tires in hopes that they are wore funny from the saggy front end before. If she still pulls, their gonna have a happy camper back there in the next day or so.

So what happened with the alignment? Did it require any more adjustment or baseball bats to skulls?

P.S. I saw you went for a drive how do you like it now? Better than new with the new (Polygraphite I assume) kit?

Alright so..

O-ring kit
Drier
Expansion valve
Ester oil

Anything else??

After install, take to shop for vac test, then bring home to fill.

I looked into the Cruise Control today. I tested all the electronics, and all seems good. Servo is clicking as it should. Sooo I'm gonna assume the diaphram inside the servo has a hole. Been looking around online. Looks like I may be able to repair it with a rubber patch kit. Havn't opened it up yet though.

Thanks guys!!

You are definitely going to need the $4.99 metal gasket kit from AZ too...

So what happened with the alignment? Did it require any more adjustment or baseball bats skulls?

P.S. I saw you went for a drive how do you like it now? Better than new with the new (Polygraphite I assume) kit?

I never went back... I was/still am steamed about it, but as long as the car isn't chewing up the tires, i'll roll out with it. I'm taking it on a trip up north in June, and will have my old (trusted) tech re do it, along with a few other things. I really don't want those dumb asses touching my car anymore anywhase.

The car is a bit firmer up front. Not as dramatic of a change as I had hoped, but still better! Everything is poly, except for the control arm bushings. Didn't want any squeeks.

You are definitely going to need the $4.99 metal gasket kit from AZ too...

Woops! I meant to put those on theres Bob! Thanks!!

Alright so..

O-ring kit
Drier
Expansion valve
Ester oil

Anything else??

After install, take to shop for vac test, then bring home to fill.

I looked into the Cruise Control today. I tested all the electronics, and all seems good. Servo is clicking as it should. Sooo I'm gonna assume the diaphram inside the servo has a hole. Been looking around online. Looks like I may be able to repair it with a rubber patch kit. Havn't opened it up yet though.

Thanks guys!!
3 cans of R134A, not that substitute crap.
A vacuum manifold gage set at Harbor Freight with your 20% off coupon
The refrigerent can thingy that punctures it to release it

The cordoba is looking great!

20150317_135420_zpstcvkx4hh.jpg

My new carpet kit showed up the other day. Ordered through stock interiors. Had to go with cutpile. Nobdoy seems to make 80/20 loop for any b body past '73...

Went to go install it today. Knew there were a few pin holes. I was planning on just doing a little fiberglass to seal it up. But alas, thank you again chrysler, for your wonderfully applied paint, with no primer, and WONDERFULL insulation.

GAWD DAMNIT!!!!!

After some work with the needle scaler, and a little clean up. I've already got the big patch going in at the moment. Not my best work by far... Looks like an angry man installing it... Because an angry man is installing it. But not bad. Specially compared to this crap.

As much as I hate it, I'm surprised at how little sound deadner/insulation is down there. I can deff notice a big difference in build quality from my '75 C, and '77 B.

Would it make me a flipper if I sold it?? :eusa_whistle: lol No plans on selling it anytime soon. Although it is trying me somedays it seems...

Driver side finished up

Dont burn me at the stake.. I feel bad enough already.. But I fiberglassed the passenger side... A lot of complicated curves, and bends I would have a hard time replicating. Plus its still pretty sound. Besides, this is the just the "daily driver" after all.

Seam sealed the new metal, and painted any bare surfaces. Hoping the paint will dry over night, so then carpet can go in. Get the bottom undercoated, then back on the road.

Nice ride! I am a fan of the green interiors too. Seems to suit Mopar well. Yes these are really neat looking cars, and very hard to find now. Most of them got junked because the driver didn't realize what they had, and had no idea that cars were going to become disposable plastic. Anything built like this is worth having. Looks pretty solid too for a mid 70's car. I had a 75 Dart for six years I finally got rid of last year. It had ignition switch and turn signal switch problems too. Had to replace both of those buggers, and what a pain in my *** it was! If I were you, I'd get it overwith. It solves soooo many other little problems in the dash.

Flippers are guys who intentionally buy things to resell, with no intentions or interest in ever keeping them. They look at every item as another way to make money. Real car guys have a passion for there particular car. And don't look at it with dollar signs in there head. No we wouldn't give you the flipper riot act.

Would it make me a flipper if I sold it?? :eusa_whistle: lol No plans on selling it anytime soon.

Took her up to one of the local tire places for an alignment. What a joke! Guy spent 20 mins on the car, came back out front and tells me all is good. Only the toe was out.
Really? You do realise I jest went through the whole front end, right?
Yea, it looks great! Your good to go!

Unbealiveable. Spent $100 to have a guy play with my tie rods for 20mins. She's still pulling to the right. I'm gonna rotate the tires in hopes that they are wore funny from the saggy front end before. If she still pulls, their gonna have a happy camper back there in the next day or so.

Tell them you want 1/8" toe in for each side. You want -0.50 camber for each side and as much caster as you can get. That will keep them busy

Tell them you want 1/8" toe in for each side. You want -0.50 camber for each side and as much caster as you can get. That will keep them busy

Better yet tell them you want 3° caster, if they don't tell you that will be hard to get go find another shop.

Nice ride! I am a fan of the green interiors too. Seems to suit Mopar well. Yes these are really neat looking cars, and very hard to find now. Most of them got junked because the driver didn't realize what they had, and had no idea that cars were going to become disposable plastic. Anything built like this is worth having. Looks pretty solid too for a mid 70's car. I had a 75 Dart for six years I finally got rid of last year. It had ignition switch and turn signal switch problems too. Had to replace both of those buggers, and what a pain in my *** it was! If I were you, I'd get it overwith. It solves soooo many other little problems in the dash.

Thanks fury! Was never really a big fan of green. But it fits this cordoba perfectly I think. The interior has 50 diff shades of green which is a pain when redoing things, but still looks good. I did get the ignition switch replaced, but cant get the rod to lock down in the hole of the switch. I'm afraid of breaking the plastic slider (already did on one replc switch).

Flippers are guys who intentionally buy things to resell, with no intentions or interest in ever keeping them. They look at every item as another way to make money. Real car guys have a passion for there particular car. And don't look at it with dollar signs in there head. No we wouldn't give you the flipper riot act.

Thanks Jason, I would hope not lol. I was just stirring the pot :evil6:. I could never flip em. I get too attached to them real quick.. I sold my old newport after owning for 6 years, and that still haunts me to this day.... I've even tried contacting the new owner. He never got back to me. Prolly a good thing.

Better yet tell them you want 3° caster, if they don't tell you that will be hard to get go find another shop.

lol. Nope, not gonna deal with the assclowns. They wouldn't say anything, just take the car in, play with the tie rods for 20 mins, and tell me they did it. She'll get a proper alignment in June. Theres only 3 men in this world whom I trust with my cars. Jer knows one of our buds- Jim. Jim's been working on these since they were new off the lot. He's still doing it too. Another main tech was Bill. Jer, did you know Bill gervick? He used to work at Ohara, but got a job at the proving grounds a couple years back. I miss having these guys badly since I've moved down here. Everytime I go up, I have Jim tinker with something though lol.

Started the day off with some new insulation.

This is what came out. Surprised I didn't find a dead homeless man caught in it. The car has needed a new carpet since 1990. Previous owner said he bought it with the driver side all torn up. Why he never replaced it, idk.. He threw a Kmart bathroom mat on the driver side and called it good. YUCK!

New carpet going in. MAN!! What a difference!! It took a long while. ACC had way too much excess material. The original carpet was a one piece. The new is a 2 piece. One piece was the size of the original carpet that came out. Took forever trimming. Even with the rest of the shitty interior, its like a new car! Need to order extra material for the doors, and seat backs. Really need to get these seats recoverd badly... I hoping the carpet will settle a bit more in the hot FL sun.

The sun has been out in full force the last 3 days. I'm as red as a lobster. Works gonna suck tomarrow! Took the car out on a nice 1 1/2 hour tour of the county. Reminds me quickly why I bother with it all.

The one you pulled out made want to go get a respirator. Yuck.
The new one is freaking gorgeous. Nice job.
Now those seats look like ****. LMAO

Back