What did you do to your C-body today....

Finally got my interior done in the 300L. This has been a bit of a struggle for me... It seemed like everything that I touched needed much more than I figured on. I'd say I have 2 or 3 times more time in it than I figured.

The whole process kind of started last year with replacing the foam in the rear seat bottom and then got going again this summer. I replaced the foam in the bottoms of the front seats, new carpet, rebuilt the door panels with new board and painted, repainted the package tray and fixed the clips along with adding a new felt piece under it, the console got new carpet trim, repainted the plastic and fiberboard side pieces for the rear seat, and dyed the faded front seats to match the rear.

I also added a new rear speaker and wiring for the planned radio upgrade this winter and repaired some existing faults in the body wiring. The rear quarter window also got a new motor.

We had some really hot weather that slowed me up... and I had to play "responsible adult" again few times for my in-laws (long story). Both took more time away from working on the car.

I'm happy with the results. I told my wife to throat punch me if I ever get a another car with a white interior. The dog is never going for a ride in this car again...

aMXH9v7.jpg

MKw3nWX.jpg

GB7vwHs.jpg

IzKJnmZ.jpg

iMZi1mY.jpg

Simply beautiful.
Oh it would be so much easier if we could walk into a new car dealer and pick out a brand-new c body.

Finally got my interior done in the 300L. This has been a bit of a struggle for me... It seemed like everything that I touched needed much more than I figured on. I'd say I have 2 or 3 times more time in it than I figured.

The whole process kind of started last year with replacing the foam in the rear seat bottom and then got going again this summer. I replaced the foam in the bottoms of the front seats, new carpet, rebuilt the door panels with new board and painted, repainted the package tray and fixed the clips along with adding a new felt piece under it, the console got new carpet trim, repainted the plastic and fiberboard side pieces for the rear seat, and dyed the faded front seats to match the rear.

I also added a new rear speaker and wiring for the planned radio upgrade this winter and repaired some existing faults in the body wiring. The rear quarter window also got a new motor.

We had some really hot weather that slowed me up... and I had to play "responsible adult" again few times for my in-laws (long story). Both took more time away from working on the car.

I'm happy with the results. I told my wife to throat punch me if I ever get a another car with a white interior. The dog is never going for a ride in this car again...

aMXH9v7.jpg

MKw3nWX.jpg

GB7vwHs.jpg

IzKJnmZ.jpg

iMZi1mY.jpg

Masterful! Beautiful work, John!

Back