What do you do for a living?

Red63440

Reaction score
I was curious as to what you all do for a living...I will start..

I am the second shift surpervisor for a heat treating company in Rochester, NY. Most of our work comes from machine shops but we also do work for government suppliers, firearm manufactures and engine builders.

I am a Territory Manager (Southern California) for Perfect Vision Manufacturing. Our biggest customer is DIRECTV and I am primarily involved with DIRECTV Authorized Retailers in Southern California. I assist retailers in marketing and selling DIRECTV and run a profitable business. In addition to reping DIRECTV, we are also the second largest coax cable manufacturer in the world. Pretty cool gig, been at it for 8 years.

I am V-P, Public Affairs for the Nova Scotia Liquor Corp., the provincial (state) liquor board here. We do $600 million in annual sales and have 107 retail stores.

Supervisor Training and Development U.S. Steel Canada. We have currently locked out our Lake Erie Works USW employees while they decide if they want to accept the company's final offer. Formerly Stelco Canada's largest steel producer we are now reduced to being swing plants for USS American operations.

Supervisor Training and Development U.S. Steel Canada. We have currently locked out our Lake Erie Works USW employees while they decide if they want to accept the company's final offer. Formerly Stelco Canada's largest steel producer we are now reduced to being swing plants for USS American operations.

I was a Journeyman Millwright at the USS Nation Tube Works for many years until they closed the doors and tore it down.

Electrician by trade. After 30 years running a service van and small - up to $250K- projects for the largest (600 employees) electrical contractor in Alberta, physical limitations put me in the office as estimator/project manager. After a year and a half of this, I officially retired with 32 years. I took an eight month road trip at that time and since I got back, I am at work for them again on an as needed basis. Works out well for both of us. They get a helping hand when they are swamped and I get gas money. They've been swamped since the beginning of March, with no end in sight.

Auto Body/Paint/Restoration Tech for 27 years. Collision shop by day, restoration shop by nights & weekends.

I'm a Level 1 (soon to be Level 2) Red-Seal Class A Apprentice Automotive Service Technician (Equivalent to a ASE Certified Master Tech), I work for a small independent Shop here in town, one with one of the BEST reputations in the area, My boss has been in the business 34 years and has had his own shop for 20 years. I started on as a Co-op student and my boss hired me as a part time laborer, now I'm an Apprentice and in the near future a Licensed Tech.

Shameless plug for the little Guy.
http://www.goldbook.ca/whitby-on/automobile-repairing-service/dougs-
auto-care-1493/

Nick

Journeyman steamfitter for 18 years for the same company in Wisconsin. Run crews from one man to up to 25 men. Ceritifed welder in just about every form of it, certified rigger and instructor. Father of two and husband of one great women. Hobbies include running, biking, and swimming with some tinkiering with cars.

Designer/Engineer, currently working for a small consultancy on part-time basis off site as a technology researcher...previous gig was full time with Lockheed Martin Aerospace/Maritime Systems working on the AEGIS radar system upgrade-retrofit program for the US Navy.

All very impressive, we have some serious talent on this board! I am a carpenter of 25 years and work for myself as a furniture designer and fabricator. In addition to wood I work with steel and also precast my own concrete for countertops and whatever else I can think of. Here's my website...
http://mattmichalec.com/

Retired U.S Army 1976-1996.

Military Contractor at the Army Test Center, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland.

Surv_Leth_IED.jpg

Severely over-educated truck driver and former owner of a bankrupt hardware store.
I can only tell you what not to do....

The world can't survive without professional truck drivers!

:sFl_america2:

Self employed paint contractor 23rd year in business. I now keep it small, 1 employee(less headaches), I rely on repeat customers and referrals. I haven't had to advertise for 20 years.

Back