What's your Daily Driver?

Here's the red 92 before the hood issue
image.jpeg

Well the time has come and I have a new daily driver, the Other Polara soon will be going away and then I’ll be looking to sell my 1970 Dodge Truck.

Here it is a 1999 Ford F250 Super Duty Super Cab Long Bed powered by the 7.3 L Diesel and manual transmission.

2016-04-06_005.jpg

Alan

Nice clean looking truck. Not all blinged out and tarted up like every SuperDuty you see down here.

100_0277.JPG

In 2004 when GM was discounting these 6k I tried out the 300C and Mustang GT. You did not feel the Hemi unless your foot was in it and the Mustang was not discounted at all. I liked the GTO with the 6 speed. It felt fast and sounded good with the LS1 motor. I hated the hood and researched which hood was the best for the car. The hood style pays respect to the '69 GTO and it is functional air intake. I still own the Goat with 45k on it and will get it out for the summer next month. The color is Barbados Blue and is the rarest of the three years of production (271).

Last edited:
If I recall, the '04 was the LS1 and in' 05 it got the LS2? Or was it 05 and 06...

Correct, '04 LS1, '05 and '06 LS2. I like the sound of the motor......the exhaust does not need to be modified to be louder although listening to a few on youtube w/o mufflers sounds real interesting......

Last edited:
If I recall, the '04 was the LS1 and in' 05 it got the LS2? Or was it 05 and 06...

I had a '05 GTO and I can tell you, that LS2 is an awesome motor with a very level torque curve (400 lb ft). Even with the 4 speed auto, it would smoke the tires from a standstill, through 2nd accounting for a nice 30-40 feet of tire tracks. Due to the lack of bells and whistles and issues around 60K miles (steering column had to be replaced due to a faulty ignition cylinder and a brake line needed replacing after it wore through because it was rubbing on the trans case), I decided to trade it on on the '07 Charger R/T Road and Track Edition. The Goat was definitely a fun car.

Upgraded Grills:

These were for an Australian automotive magazine featuring both my Goats. The first GTO ('64) and the latest at the time ('05). The first pic is one of my favorites.

Last edited:
I preordered my C6 when that generation was introduced.
I drooled over the new LS2 and how it was the bad *** king of the road.
Then they put in the GTO and the SSR. Well, so much for the Corvette being the biggest bad *** at GM. Hey, paying top dollar means having exclusivity, right? :mad:.
Yah, I know. It's an immature ego thing but thats what new Vettes are all about. Immature egos... Guilty as charged.

When I first purchased my '04 GTO I went on Holdens website and they offered to mail you out a Monero brochure. I suspect is was only to thoose in Australia but I submitted it. Two weeks later a huge envelope came in the mail and cost them alot. My firiend wanted one also but after mine there was a disclaimer on their site to send only in Australia.

P.S. I also found the factory '04 leather GTO jacket on EBAY. Several times people have offered to purchase it. If I remember correctly they were $350 new.

IMG_20160410_102139.jpg

Daily driver? Not sure I understand.... ;-)

C-body, of course! Today hauling outboard engine and supplies to the bay, enabling me to go to the island first time for the season.

Recommended.

ANY GTO, or ANY Honda ? That isn't even a choice, the answer is ANY GTO, any day, every day, under any circumstance !
I like the GTO but the gas milage is really bad, like maybe even worse than my Fury, I'm leaning more towards the Civic at this point. I'm just holding out for when they release the manual version of the turbo model.

If the GTO wasn't such a gas guzzler I'd probably agree with you though.

My mix driving in the GTO will give me 22 mpg IF you behave and use premium, as high as 26 mpg on straight highway.

Back