NOT MINE Yellow Crossfire 'verts. How many do you want.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
This is kind of tough to explain.
Simple as i can make it.
For sale by a super wealthy eccentric.
Why did he collect yellow Crossfire Convertibles?
I don't know. Mostly automatics and a few sticks.
The seller lives a 100 miles away. I found two of the sticks in good condition. They were locked so I couldnt check the interior. He has more than what is shown here. I talked to him on the phone about grabbing one but being a nutcase he danced in circles about prices. Guys like him irritate the crap out of me so rather than having another heart attack, I said, Yep, OK, see ya later..

PXL_20240611_221426387.jpg

I’ve always liked the look of these. Have you ever driven one, Stan?

I’ve always liked the look of these. Have you ever driven one, Stan?
No but I've always been intrigued by them. I'm sure a nice 6MT might be what I'm looking for.
A guy i share beer time with and knows the seller well will continue negotiating with him on my behalf. He personally bought 2 of them from him.

Obviously the one needs some work but are the rest good to go? Turnkey?

Obviously the one needs some work but are the rest good to go? Turnkey?
The one that shows it needs work has 19k on it. Another guy is chasing that. Replacement parts are in the back seat.
I don't know if they are turnkey or not except that they all start and drive (supposedly).
I'm trying to get more information but i think it's going to be slow and aggrevating.
I have vowed not to let my BP rise over this. Life is too short.

There was a guy here in IN that had collected Chrysler TC-Maseratis and had one in every color.
When he went to sell them, you could kinda tell by his FB ad that he was bat-**** crazy.

I saw one on the road Friday. The Crossfire always had a cool look. I couldn't help but think of Stan when I saw it.

There was a guy here in IN that had collected Chrysler TC-Maseratis and had one in every color.
When he went to sell them, you could kinda tell by his FB ad that he was bat-**** crazy.
These were available with a stick. I would buy one of those and beat the ever crap out of it chasing Nissans.

I've never driven one, but I had ridden in my friend's and it's a cool ride. It's really nice with the top down.

I liked it enough to check eBay for prices. His was also for sale at the time and I even thought about that one, but I decided I really didn't need another toy.

Here ya go

I think the seller is delusional that a set of sticky tires alone will make this a 215hp version into a 13-second car.
I found a few 1/4-mile times and 14.6 was the lowest for the base engine, and low 13s for the SRT.

Back