Does FCBO have a mission statement?

Come to think of it, there was that one guy that left his car in the ditch...:rolleyes:

Can’t quite remember his name or the thread title line...

MISSION STATEMENT !!!!!!!!!

mission-from-god-blues-brothers.jpg

missionaccomplish-mission-accomplished-32244628.png

Wow, didn't see that coming. While I haven't seen the Chrysler that started this fire storm, I do know both the participants and they do not waste any bits and pieces of donor cars they use. In this case a 4dr fairly common Chrysler will result in the full restoration of at least two Sport Fury 2dr that will be far more desirable in the market place. That's a win win.

The thing that gets my juices boiling are the thousands of really nice cars sitting in yards all across the country that are never for sale while waiting for their owner's to "get around" to restoring them. I personally think this is an ugly practice which in a sense not only kills "that" car, but removes from the marketplace many irreplaceable parts.

I was guilty of this behavior, my Fury sat in my yard for 20 years with zero protection. One day I was sitting in the kitchen having my morning coffee and it "dawned" on me just what I was doing. It wasn't until I started looking for parts that I discovered how rare the car really was and how totally stupid I had been leaving it in the weather to rot. The saving grace were parts cars, many of them. The parts I wanted were "nice ones" so no beaters were parted, only "nice" cars. How many, probably at least ten. Many were convertibles and that pool is small with only 1952 built.

So Oliver, wake up and maybe go to a big "Show'n Shine" and realize, without a lot of "parts cars" none of the shiny cars on display would exist.

:canada::thumbsup::usflag::thumbsup:

I think he's headed over to the home port. They really don't have members that cut up cars over there.

i took a look at the parts purchase history for my Fury, it appears somewhere around 35 donor cars contributed to my build. To each and every one, my thanks!!

If I was a car with terminal rust I think I would like to donate what I could to the hobby. If in the very end I got into a demolition derby, I think I would go out with a huge bang and a world class grin - especially if I killed a few GM or Ford combatants on my way out!
:canada::rofl::usflag:

oh well....so much for Freedom of Speech, I guess.

Joey, @Joeychgo, would you kindly delete my User ID from this forum?
Many thanks,

Oliver

Buh Bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out!

They really don't have members that cut up cars over there.

What? Like we do that here? I don't see it.

Last edited:
I bet I have parts from at least 50 cars on my 1978 NYB. No one makes reproduction parts for Formals (except maybe the air cleaner wing nut) so the only way I can get parts is from donor cars. I live in Maryland and I have parts from cars from as far away as New Mexico and Indiana. My blue leather wrapped steering wheel came out of a 1977 Daytona Charger that a tree fell on and crushed the passenger side A-pillar. There was no fixing that car.....

Back