What did you do to your C-body today....

I have a 69 T & C wagon with the deleted passenger side vent. Where did you source - obtain the vent for your car. I appears you have a 70 Chrysler
I found the vent and cable on eBay. The vent was from a 69 Monaco and the cable from a 71 Monaco. I have a 71 Plymouth so I believe the 69 thru 73 c body vents will interchange. The 68 and earlier vents are different.

Drove it downtown for Canada Day.
20240701_145818.jpg

I found a guy who would do my seats! He will cut and fab the rubber, and put all together for me. Nice guy who does a lot of low riders in Fresno. I saw some of his work at a Show in Clovis.

It was a PITA getting the driver's side seat out; my exhaust man put the added driver's side pipe right over one of the nuts holding the seat in place! Yuck! Finally got it out last Thursday. Took them to his shop today.

Don't know how long it will take, but from his work, I'm looking forward to it!

The car is at my home. Since I need to put another AC controller on, it's easier to do under the dash with the seats out. I'll be putting in my new carpet.

Here's the Monte I saw his work on:

View attachment 665481
What's the guy's contact information? I need my seats done, too!

Found a set of Octane Lighting headlights I had ordered a long time ago for my old 69 Coronet. So I put them in the Newport. The car was due for some new headlights as the old ones wouldn't aim for **** and two still had yellow over spray on them from when the car was painted 15-20 years ago.
20240709_211709.jpg

I'm not 100% sold on the yellow highbeams, but they do perform better then what was in there and the all aim and display properly now.
Not sure the car needed more yellow, lol.
20240709_211813.jpg

What's the guy's contact information? I need my seats done, too!
I can give it to you, but, he's in Fresno CA, and you're in Texas. Still want it?

By the way, he called me today apologizing that he hadn't finished them yet. Not that I was expecting them to be done by now, but I appreciated the call.

I have the TNT engine and fuel pump was original, sent it out and had it restored, "Then and Now" did a fantastic job $115. Don't be in a hurry.

DSC07459.JPG

DSC07481.JPG

DSC07796.JPG

DSC07808.JPG

Garage is still a month away from being finished.
So in the meantime I had to replace Grace's drivers power window motor in the shade in the driveway.
No bench vise either...just a bunch of vise grips to clamp her down..
Went for a rip afterwards-- with the windows down!

20240728_154558.jpg

20240728_155252.jpg

I took a needed day off today, so I didn't do much. I've been working on my 300L door panels, trying to get them back in shape. It started with wanting to paint them to freshen them up since the white really needs it.

When I took the panels off, I was annoyed to find the plastic rain shield had been left off the front doors and while there was plastic behind the rear panels, it hadn't been tucked in and that held water against the cardboard. Sigh.

So, having done it once before (I have a thread on it) with my '70 300, I took on the task. I'm trying to use what I learned the last time... A slightly different method to glue the metal upper panel on using construction adhesive, and I'm using a Dremel with a router base and a 3D printed template to cut the slots.

N0IhNWv.jpg

pvOkAfb.jpg

ST8pefw.jpg

Today I cut the last front door panel and marked it for thee slots and holes. Rears are almost done. Not as much as I wanted to get done, but it was something.

I'll add this to my other thread once done.

Today I put the steering gear in, but this was yesterday:

501.jpg

Firewall and underside cleaned up, lower part painted (brush) with some really good black stuff that really sticks and is tough. Upper part shot out of a can, 2k epoxy primer, base then 2k clear. Just gotta find some place to press in the lower control arm stuff and this should come together pretty fast.

Verified that I incorrectly installed the park rod in Elwood, my 68 Fury II 4 door sedan. Drained the pan after receiving confirmation that I need to drop the valve body.

Back