attention squad savvy: questions about my 71' NJSP Fury

I removed the tag tonight, cleaned it up and deciphered this:
26 END
F82 H51 M28 R11 V5X Y39
999 U A38 F33 F38 F58
999 M1XA TX9 616 K06915
E86 D32 PM41 U1F 239115

P.s. it has an electric trunk release if that is of any significance.

I will try to look at the finish under the carpet tomorrow. Storage locker was pitch black and all i had was a flashlight. .

Thanks. So the remote mirror was NOT coded...interesting. I missed the SPD also.

Hey! You're right down the road from me. My wife and I just bought a house in Pemberton. I will be moving my '69 NY to the house in a week. Perhaps we may run into one another one day. If you ever see a tan 4-door HT rumbling down the street (it has 1/2" glass packs on it), that is probably me.
Ok cool! A friend of mine use to have a 70' new yorker 4 door sedan with a 440. ..

20151204_204811.jpg

Pic of the build sheet i DID find in the back seat

20151204_204811.jpg

My next question would be, should my car have a second fender tag, and what would it say?

My next question would be, should my car have a second fender tag, and what would it say?

"Should"? the only way to know that is to find cars similarly situated (special paint 999) cars built at the same plant around the same time as your car to see what they have. What was done changed throughout the year so additional tags may have come on cars built earlier in the year but not later. Or the opposite could be true also.

Do not judge what your car had compared to any other year, plant or time frame. What was done at any other plant, production year or time of year may not apply to your car. From the picture you posted, the rust/scale around the tag appear to be consistent indicating there was not a second tag or, if there was, it was removed early in it's life.

Unless you can find evidence that your car actually had a second tag, I would not add one.

26 end .....looks like your car only has the one tag...its been my experience that the 26 end is basicly end of the line.....

26 end .....looks like your car only has the one tag...its been my experience that the 26 end is basicly end of the line.....

I'm ok with that :) as long as it as a38 on it, good enough for me. Another strange thing, i looked up the vin on the broadcast sheet i found. PG is listed as a plymouth "new york taxi" 2 door hardtop.

sometimes codes are year specific like gold duster package....besides..who the heck has a 2 door taxi :O)

what you need to do is post a good pic of that broadcast sheet to start then folks here can eliminate the assumptions

True Derik but a second tag could just say special mask special paint special order...no numbers at all

I have a friend who's local with a true 73' NJSP fury III. I'm going to take a look at it if i can. It was ordered through Capitol motors in trentot and is from West Trenton too, i believe.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I got this impression he was asking if this car should have a second tag listing SPECIAL ORDER and/or SPECIAL PAINT due to the Y39 and 999 codes.

I'm ok with that :) as long as it as a38 on it, good enough for me. Another strange thing, i looked up the vin on the broadcast sheet i found. PG is listed as a plymouth "new york taxi" 2 door hardtop.

The PG VIN threw me at first also. I thought it was a typo given the closeness of the G and H on a keyboard plus its a 29 car. So I looked at the trim code. The M4 code seems to go best with a PM car. Hmmmmm

Yes, posting the full sheet might help clarify exactly what this came from. There could be model specific codes that we cannot see from the first picture.

True Derik but a second tag could just say special mask special paint special order...no numbers at all

yes l realize that..is why a good pic of broadcast sheet would help eliminate the assumptions...lve still got a lot to learn to...is why lm here :O}

I hope to do more digging this weekend sometime in search of that broadcast sheet. I hope i can find it!!

I hope to do more digging this weekend sometime in search of that broadcast sheet. I hope i can find it!!

20151205_143037.jpg
Checked under the front seat, only found this remnant fellas. Critters have been in here :(

20151205_143037.jpg

Back